Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Campfire Coffee

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Three point buck (6 point buck for you east of the Rockies). Shot from my back deck with a 6.8 SPC hand loaded with Sierra Pro Hunter bullets. It walked 10 feet and dropped. Now to field dress it, hang it and skin it. I've got a long night ahead of me. I have to close down the lookout tower tomarrow as well.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    All that woods walking and then you shoot it in your back yard, I love it, congratulations.

Hope you get some pictures when you close the tower, how is your back by the way, recovered fully or still getting those days when it talks to you?

My Uncle had to take a day off from hunting when it was his turn to do camp cook chores. He had stepped outside to empty the dishwater and saw a little buck at the end of the driveway. Stepped into the porch and grabbed one of the kids 30-30's and 'pow' meat in the pot. Literally.

Nobody else got a deer that week until the last 3 days, then most everybody was filling a tag. I think they were just getting desperate and decided not to fall asleep on their stand like I often do. I think running out of beer and Brandy might have helped their hunting too.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

I've got one of the back pack Jet Boil systems with the "french press" accessory...

I usually just boil water on the camping stove, dump water over coffee and press... I've found that those little prepackaged "Keurig" or "Tassimo" coffee's are perfect for a single cup.

Welcome to the kitchen Mark, you oughta drop by more often. Next time bring bagels.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Hello Mark, good morning and thanks for bringing us bagels!

BT Ive got my crock pot ready for venison stew, or maybe its good cooked like pulled pork with some delicious BBQ sauce...

Hedning Im glad your voice is back, little girls can be very noisy. Its amazing such a big sound can come out of such a small girl especially when they are in packs. It was very depressing to have no power, but a wake up call to think about getting a wood stove.

The stores were gouging... jacking up the price of kerosene and propane. But downed trees were EVERYWHERE begging to be removed. A chainsaw and a truck and we could be in fat city. My newly retired Army son is seriously thinking about getting into this.

OG The fish is back to his old self, thanks for the advise. He is dark blue again and ready to eat. I think he was a baby when I got him. He is excited to see me at feeding time so I think he will pull through.

Kathy I'm glad you got everything back to more or less normal.

My North Carolina brother makes an awful lot of his spare change after hurricanes and tropical storms doing clean up. His background is construction heavy equipment operator and plumbing carpenter so he gets a lot of rehab work to.

#3 Sisters oldest son is a DJ and Martial Arts instructor for his full time jobs but he used to work for a tree trimming service and it makes a windfall for him too. Most people find that just having a chainsaw doesn't equate to knowing what to do.

If your boy can handle a chainsaw and has a truck and safety equipment he should be good for a month or better. Good thing it happend now and not after the 1st of December when the weather can get dicey back to back.

THUCYDIDES.

I just noticed your tagline... NICE and sadly true.

Im sure we will be in the dark again when the ice storm season hits. A potbelly stove is in the works, also maybe a propane heater that is installed on the wall. I may aso see how much it would cost to get natural gas run to the house.

Local election day tomorrow, I will be so glad when thats over. Never again for that, too many "personalities" to make it all go down the drain. Time would have been better spent with grandkids.

Burned out already? Sounds like you need some feet up time with hot chocolate and little red haired munchkins to read stories to you. Always good to get close to the little ones, nothing will ground you and make life worth living again then munchkins.

THUCYDIDES.

This is what we did yesterday, Im the one with the kids.

When do you get your election results, same day or have to wait for a long count.

Are you teaching the young ones to read by giving them campaign signs to work on?

THUCYDIDES.

Damned deer... wouldnt get closer than 600m. I saw one barn size buck. But only in my beams from my truck. The weather god showed me his ass too. Im glad you had better luck BT.

Received any balls for the Walker yet OG?.... oh, and how many days to springtime?

By the way... Rock Island got a new auction in 25 days. They got an original Walker up for sale... just 300000-600000 dineros. Serial number 8, excellent condition....http://rockislandauction.com/viewitem/aid/54/lid/3170... I know this is the gun you want OG.
    Last edited by Hedning; 11-08-2011 at 05:19 PM.
    Religion... mans victory over common sense...........

Will check on balls this weekend till then no joy.

Sorry about the deer old buddy, guess you will just be forced to eat Moose, I know how that will upset you. My season is still a week away.

It is 131 days, 19 hours, 54 minutes, 5 seconds to Spring as I write this in case you really wanted to know.

I would be afraid to touch that Walker at that price..................however if I ever got it in my hands you know I would shoot it. They don;t call me a heathen for nothing.

THUCYDIDES.

Wouldnt it be great to be a millionaire, buy it and then use it at every MLAIC competition arround. I know a few collectors that would have died on the spot. I got a rifle that we call "kassepipe". Not as rare as the Walker, but its concidered to be a national treasure. Made in the 1740`s. I used it at a MLAIC competition here. Jesus, some guys wanted to kill me. I got kind of mad and told them if this rifle has survived the last 270 years it will survive me too. Its not like shooting an MG42. I shoot 50 rounds a year with that one, maximum.

Im into the fall block rifles these days. Interesting designs.

Kathy.... does this means that you are going for the White House? Remember me when you need a kitchen slave...
    Religion... mans victory over common sense...........

Quote Originally Posted by Hedning View Post

Kathy.... does this means that you are going for the White House? Remember me when you need a kitchen slave...
    No plans for a WH run.. LOL But on to defeat Connecticut's own Communist!

http://www.trevorloudon.com/2011/09/...ut-communists/

Board of Assessment Appeals
    Kathy Brown* (R): 989; Carolyn McMahon (D): 848oops, I meant

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    Board of Assessment Appeals
    Kathy Brown* (R): 989; Carolyn McMahon (D): 848oops, I meant
    Thanks, who would have thought I was popular. Now to get Wayne and my Son elected.... the site has come a long way.

http://waynewinsleyforcongress.com/

Elk hunting for the next week. Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by btcave View Post
    Elk hunting for the next week. Wish me luck.
    Are you using the same 6.8, if you are maybe you better invite the elk down to your yard. It seems to work better from your porch. Walk slow, enjoy the scenery, shoot straight and bring plenty of good hot coffee. Mostly have fun and come back safe.

Hey Hedning hows the weather. We had 2" of snow, then lots of wind and rain for a week. Now we have nice clear dry days with temps going from -6 C to +13C. I will be in the woods tomorrow and I hope we see something. I want nephew David to get a shot at a deer in the worst way. I have been training him all summer for this and now it is time to produce.

THUCYDIDES.

I'm using the M14 to hunt with. I got the Model 99e .300 savage when I get tired of lugging the weight around.

Forgot about the lookout pics.

Here you go.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast