Thread: Where to find a CZ pistol part?

Where to find a CZ pistol part?

Hi all,

I have a 1994 CZ-75 "Transitional" 9mm pistol which means it has an "old" series A slide (no cross pin for the firing pin) but a "B" frame with the squared off trigger guard.

The safety lever has a little tiny spring and a small metal tab which acts as the detent for "safe" or "fire". This is what the piece looks like:

Note... this part is only about 3/16 inch wide and about 1/4 inch long and 3/32 thick at most.

The damn thing slipped off the needle nose pliers and flew at Mach 1 into the abyss. Searching for almost an hour yielded nothing. The part is gone.

Anyone know where I can buy a new one?

I went on a few CZ sites and they have all kinds of parts, but none that look like the part I need. I also have an email in to CZ directly... hopefully they will help.

Any ideas... I will really appreciate it.

-- Roger
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

If you know which part of the abyss try a magnet. Can you get specs and have one made.
    Last edited by l921428x; 10-21-2011 at 02:16 AM.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

They sold a number of armorer's kits when they first came in and the part IIRC is in them if you can find someone that has one.

Numrich? They have almost everthing else. http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/...spx?catid=8648

I might check Apex.

Concidering it is a more rare transitional pistol find it or get one made maybe the only choice.

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    If you know which part of the abyss try a magnet. Can you get specs and have one made.
    I tried sweeping the floor with one of those ultra strong "rare earth" magnets from a hard drive. It picked up a surprising amount of little bits from a supposedly clean floor, but unfortunately not the part.

As far as making the part... I can make one myself (I've got access to a machine shop), but I would feel better having a "real" part. If all else fails I'll make one. It's a rather simple piece...

Thanks for the ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    They sold a number of armorer's kits when they first came in and the part IIRC is in them if you can find someone that has one.

Numrich? They have almost everthing else. http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/...spx?catid=8648

I might check Apex.

Concidering it is a more rare transitional pistol find it or get one made maybe the only choice.
    OH YEAH! Numrich! I forgot about them. That's a good bet. I'll check. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    OH YEAH! Numrich! I forgot about them. That's a good bet. I'll check. Thanks!
    If they don't have it, check with czcustom.com
    Angus is great to work with. If they don't have the part, they should know where to find it.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

If non of that works - try gunbroker. There's more and more parts and such being auctioned there every time I look...
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Integratedj and OSOK... good ideas. Thanks!

Did you ever find your part?

I was just searching around for you and on several other sites found suggestions for the same thing... if all else fails, they suggested to contact Mike Eagleshield at CZ-USA who's the head gunsmith.

Here's another website that may be of some use to you too:

http://www.czforumsite.info/index.ph...0h4&board=59.0
    Last edited by Mark Ducati; 10-21-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Hey Krupski,

I've become a pretty big CZ fan recently and was hoping you might post a picture of your rare CZ.

Here is a picture of my most recent CZ.

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"