Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So who all has a gun mounted light?

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question

Anyone else remember reading about a particular model of Glock that had reliability issues with a light mounted?

Was planning on taking my G35 to the range and running some rounds through it with the SLR-3 attached prior to putting it to use in a home defense role just as a matter of principle to make sure the light stays on and functions after it's subjected to recoil.

That's pretty much my SOP any time I add to or change anything on a firearm but I seem to recall reading a few years ago about folks having cycling issues with their Glock once the mounted a light. Don't recall what model Glock or what light was attached and was wondering if anyone else had read the same thing?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

This thread has made me start seriously looking into getting a light/laser for my Sig 226 and 250 pistols. Sig makes a pretty nice model called the STL-900L which of course, will fit their pistols like a glove. I'm also liking this little guy here:
    http://www.opticsplanet.net/insight-...lashlight.html

When I started researching this past week, I hadn't really considered getting a laser application as well. After talking to several area gunshop people I was told the sell ratio of plain lights vs light/laser combos is about 6 to 1, in favor of the dual-capability models. Plus, I like the idea of having a nice red laser beam to paint on Mr Lowlife's forehead if he should come a-callin' in the dark wee hours....

Surprised nobody mentioned to make sure they make a holster that you want/need/prefer that will fit your particular choice of pistol/light combination. You may find that it is very difficult to find what you need without having very expensive custom holster work done.
    Skäl
    "Where you recognize evil, speak out against it, and give no truces to your enemies." - 'Havamal'.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123