Thread: C'mon and get your hi-cap semi-auto shotgun!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

C'mon and get your hi-cap semi-auto shotgun!!!

If you like the Kel-Tec KSG, then you'll just looooooooove the SRM 1216! Basically uses a rotating 4-tube magazine, kind of like the x-rail, but you can keep extra mags at the ready for the all important zombie onslaught LOL. And for the low-low price of $2800 how can you not buy two? I know how, like this: No! Lol, I still like the concept though. With any luck the maker will be able to pump them out and eventually lower the price, buuuuuut I'm not holding my breath on it.

http://networkedblogs.com/phGeZ

Last edited by NewbieAKguy; 11-01-2011 at 03:48 AM.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Well it looks slick. But IMO it like all other high cap shot guns are obsolete in a combat role. The AR carbine is the winner on so many levels. The one exception is door breaching, shooting a lock off. For that role there are cheaper and lighter shotys, a simple Mossy 500 or Rem 870 pump that holds 5 rounds will do that mission.

hmmm looks good in a sense but what happens when one tube runs empty? looks like you'd have to cycle the bolt after each tube runs dry and while that isn't a bid deal for most uses, the mall ninjas might bitch about it

Quote Originally Posted by Sergi762 View Post
    hmmm looks good in a sense but what happens when one tube runs empty? looks like you'd have to cycle the bolt after each tube runs dry and while that isn't a bid deal for most uses, the mall ninjas might bitch about it
    Did you watch the video? I think not as the answer is in it.

I have one and took it to the range. fired 4 rounds from one mag and rotated it and shot 4 more. it functioned so quickly the rangemaster ran up to us thinking it was a full auto.it took bulk ammo with no misfeeds. the pricetag is a bit much, over 2 grand. it's an autoloader so when you rotate it to a full mag it loads automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Well it looks slick. But IMO it like all other high cap shot guns are obsolete in a combat role. The AR carbine is the winner on so many levels. The one exception is door breaching, shooting a lock off. For that role there are cheaper and lighter shotys, a simple Mossy 500 or Rem 870 pump that holds 5 rounds will do that mission.
    It's a good platform for civilians though. We can't buy a .32acp CZ Scorpion but we can throw nine 00 Buckshot pellets downrage with every trigger pull.

Not to mention slugs in a semi auto are kind of a sick joke. Good lord that is a bad rain.

A Saiga with a drum for instance is about as much firepower as you can get in a package that size without needing a tax stamp.

e.t.a:

Stoping power? That's SLOPpING POWER! GHAHHH!
    Last edited by Dr. Gonzo GED; 08-16-2012 at 01:00 AM.

I saw this thing the other day it looks like a fun shooter, I think it is missing a 360 truck mount with belt feeder for unlimited shells.
    then we'll be ready for the road.

If you searh the internet there are horror stories of this gun not feeding or functioning reliably with any ammo type, bird, buck or slug. It isn't ready for prime time yet.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

I'll keep my 590A1 and be very happy!

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.