Thread: My two new additions...

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011

My two new additions...

Found this guy through gunbroker. I'd seen him list some custom stuff in the past and couldn't pass up on what looked like a clean Romy G build for $410 and being local no shipping or FFL fee's. He invited me in to see his shop and what was one of the most impressive "gun rooms" I'd ever seen. Loaded with custom builds, PKM, RPK's AK's, belt feds, a bunch of 7.62x25 custom builds including an AR, AK and a Micro Uzi. A Belt fed AK74, an MG47 custom build. I've never been so impressed in my life... I liked his stuff so much I ended up leaving with two rifles & wish I had brought more $$$$ with me.

All numbers matching, 1976 & 1977 G's. Some of the cleanest builds I've seen.

(Sorry for the shitty Iphone pics, I'll post some better ones later. The wood matches way better than it appears in these pics)

I would have liked to see the PKM. That is something you don't usally see every day.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Very nice rifles!!!!

Also nice that they were local sales, even better!!!!!

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    I would have liked to see the PKM. That is something you don't usally see every day.
    I almost asked if I could take pictures, but I'm not sure how he would have taken that. I know I wouldn't want some guy I didn't know taking pictures of my gun room. I'm going to be back up there in the near future having him build me some custom stuff. I'll ask then if I can snap a few pictures of some of the odd stuff. I was really impressed with an AKM he'd converted to shoot 7.62x25 and the "MG-47" which if I remember correctly was a german MG-4X converted to fire 7.62x39.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up

I like them both, congratulations! So they are built with a Romanian G kit correct? What receiver was used? Is it just the photo or is one rifle larger than the other?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Yeah, both mathing numbers G kits, NDS-1 Reciever. The photo was taken at a funny angle, they are both the same size.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    I almost asked if I could take pictures, but I'm not sure how he would have taken that. I know I wouldn't want some guy I didn't know taking pictures of my gun room. I'm going to be back up there in the near future having him build me some custom stuff. I'll ask then if I can snap a few pictures of some of the odd stuff. I was really impressed with an AKM he'd converted to shoot 7.62x25 and the "MG-47" which if I remember correctly was a german MG-4X converted to fire 7.62x39.
    I don't blame you for not asking the same things would have crossed my mind. If it was me I wouldn't wan't some one I didn't know taking picutes of what I had.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Thumbs up

Those are mighty fine lookin AK type weapons!

Nice pair!!!

you are gonna be so f-in broke this time next year

Quote Originally Posted by blobman View Post
    you are gonna be so f-in broke this time next year
    No kidding... Just went up and bought another one from him. This one is a Romanian underfolder. Good possibility I may pick up a couple more from him in the next few months.