Thread: Board competitions?

Board competitions?

I have seen a couple threads on here regarding competitions held here on the board.

Exactly what kinda shooting comps do you guys hold? Is C &R the only ones?
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

So far C&R has been the only board competition, although occasionally members have proposed challenged where the contestants take pictures of their targets and post them.

In the real C&R challenge, we all send money to Sheutzenman who in turns sends out the official targets. You were to to shoot the official targets during specific months and then mail them to Schuetz to be judged. The winner was to receive a trophy paid for by the initial cost of joining the competition.

Next time I'm going to actually shoot my targets and mail them in after I pay for them.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Challenge matches are fun when you have participants but mostly you get sign ups and then no targets posted because everybody is busy. Are you looking for a particular type of match or just want some reason for trigger time?

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    Challenge matches are fun when you have participants but mostly you get sign ups and then no targets posted because everybody is busy. Are you looking for a particular type of match or just want some reason for trigger time?
    Pretty much the latter. Only competitions around here are Service, Vintage, and M1 which none of my weapons save my M44 are applicable for. Just wanting something fun to give me a excuse for more trigger time

If you've got a 7.62 AK and want a challenge, just tell me what distance and how many rounds and I'll take picture of my targets when I go shooting Thanksgiving weekend. Then I can post them and you can challenge them. Or post your first and I'll challenge.

I've only got a few weapons with me though, an AK, a 9mm, and a PSL. And I'm limited to 100 yards.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    If you've got a 7.62 AK and want a challenge, just tell me what distance and how many rounds and I'll take picture of my targets when I go shooting Thanksgiving weekend. Then I can post them and you can challenge them. Or post your first and I'll challenge.

I've only got a few weapons with me though, an AK, a 9mm, and a PSL. And I'm limited to 100 yards.
    I would gladly accept but, much to my complete shame, I am not in possession of any Kalashnikovs at this time (soon to change!). I can go out to 400yards but prefer 100 as the range has a marked 100 yard line and anything beyond that I have to step off at a relatives land.

Weapons I have are .45 1911, 9mm USP, Makarov, M44 mosin, CETME, and .223 M4gery.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidus-snake View Post
    I would gladly accept but, much to my complete shame, I am not in possession of any Kalashnikovs at this time (soon to change!). I can go out to 400yards but prefer 100 as the range has a marked 100 yard line and anything beyond that I have to step off at a relatives land.

Weapons I have are .45 1911, 9mm USP, Makarov, M44 mosin, CETME, and .223 M4gery.
    Ok. How about we do 9mm at 25 yards and PSL vs CETME at 100 yards. 5 shot groups for both, turn in your best target of the day. I'll have the freind I'm going with take a picture of a 5-shot group from his .223 AK if you want to compare that with your AR, although he is not a member here. Or maybe I can shoot that one too.

How's that sound? Not a perfect matchup but it should do for an informal challenge.

9mm service pistol - CZ-75 vs USP
    scoped .30 cal - PSL vs CETME (scoped, right?)
    iron sight 5.56 - SAR-3 vs M4

I haven't even zeroed the PSL yet, much less practice, so that one ought to be easy.
    Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 11-22-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Ok. How about we do 9mm at 25 yards and PSL vs CETME at 100 yards. 5 shot groups for both, turn in your best target of the day. I'll have the freind I'm going with take a picture of a 5-shot group from his .223 AK if you want to compare that with your AR, although he is not a member here. Or maybe I can shoot that one too.

How's that sound? Not a perfect matchup but it should do for an informal challenge.

9mm service pistol - CZ-75 vs USP
    scoped .30 cal - PSL vs CETME (scoped, right?)
    iron sight 5.56 - SAR-3 vs M4

I haven't even zeroed the PSL yet, much less practice, so that one ought to be easy.
    Sounds good to me but the PSL would have to be with Iron sights, I am not a big scope guy and the scope mount that came with my CETME is a UTG POS that will not work worth a crap. I have been using the irons on it at 100 yards and it does fairly well, I managed a 1.6" 3 shot group last time though I havent been able to replicate it since then lol.

Does it matter what shooting positions are used? Handloads vs factory? All my ammo is factory made or surplus. Only CETME ammo I have is German DAG.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidus-snake View Post
    Sounds good to me but the PSL would have to be with Iron sights, I am not a big scope guy and the scope mount that came with my CETME is a UTG POS that will not work worth a crap. I have been using the irons on it at 100 yards and it does fairly well, I managed a 1.6" 3 shot group last time though I havent been able to replicate it since then lol.

Does it matter what shooting positions are used? Handloads vs factory? All my ammo is factory made or surplus. Only CETME ammo I have is German DAG.
    No problem, I'll pop the scope off the ole PSL.

How about standing, kneeling, or prone?

I have factory 9mm and surplus 7.62x54r. My friend will be using factory .223. Let me know if your using steal or brass, he has both.

No problem, I'll pop the scope off the ole PSL.

How about standing, kneeling, or prone?

I have factory 9mm and surplus 7.62x54r. My friend will be using factory .223. Let me know if your using steal or brass, he has both.
    Alrighty, sounds good on the positions.

I am paranoid bout the steel stuff in my AR and only use brass. Will probably just use the 55 grain American Tactical stuff i have. Federal brass out of the 9mm and DAG ammo outta the CETME.

Targets?

All I have is walmart targets. Unless you have a better suggestion, how about we take a picture of a 5 round target with a quarter on it for scale, post the pics and have a third party like Scheutz or someone declare the winner. Best of the three matches wins. I'm open to suggestions though.

I'll use 9mm 124gr FMJ, 7.62x54R Hungarian 1980's surplus 147gr FMJ, and brass cased Remington .223 55gr (probably won't have real 5.56).

All I have is walmart targets. Unless you have a better suggestion, how about we take a picture of a 5 round target with a quarter on it for scale, post the pics and have a third party like Scheutz or someone declare the winner. Best of the three matches wins. I'm open to suggestions though.

I'll use 9mm 124gr FMJ, 7.62x54R Hungarian 1980's surplus 147gr FMJ, and brass cased Remington .223 55gr (probably won't have real 5.56).
    Sounds good to me. Let the games begin

When are the targets due?