Thread: What did you guys prefer? The Poly Coat or Lacquer Wolf 7.62x39 or nethier.

What did you guys prefer? The Poly Coat or Lacquer Wolf 7.62x39 or nethier.

I myself found the lacquer to be more rust resistant vs the poly coat. Plus I never had one single round stick in the chamber due to the lacquer melting off. The lacquer is far better for long term storage. Ive had numerous poly coat bullets with rust on them and I live on the Oregon Coast few hundred yards from the beach my lacquer never rusted my car rusted out quicker,lol. Just curious to what you guys like.

I find the lacquer stuff to be more rust resistant as well and prefer it.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I fired over 8000 lacquer coated rounds through my SAR-3 and never had a problem. With the poly coated I am luck to get through a single mag without having to use a cleaning rod to push out a stuck empty shell casing.

Same problem with my 84S.

Something about the longer straight sided .223/5.56x45 that aids in the problem.

Because of this, I now go out of my way not to by this new poly coated ammo.

I prefer the laquer. It definately worked better at preventing rust.

Quote Originally Posted by sar32 View Post
    I myself found the lacquer to be more rust resistant vs the poly coat. Plus I never had one single round stick in the chamber due to the lacquer melting off. The lacquer is far better for long term storage. Ive had numerous poly coat bullets with rust on them and I live on the Oregon Coast few hundred yards from the beach my lacquer never rusted my car rusted out quicker,lol. Just curious to what you guys like.
    I MUCH prefer the green lacquer. The gray crap rusts, and I've never had any "melted lacquer" problems... even with the rifle too hot to hold.

My favorite AK ammo is Golden Tiger FMJ.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    With the poly coated I am luck to get through a single mag without having to use a cleaning rod to push out a stuck empty shell casing.
    This too. The gray crap gets stuck once in a while... NEVER does the green stuff.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!