Thread: CIA m1960 Polish AK milled - Need buffer tube

CIA m1960 Polish AK milled - Need buffer tube

Hey guys,

As stated in the title, I have a CIA m1960 Polish AK milled receiver. I have done quite a bit of upgrading on it since I've bought it (PWS FSC47 muzzle brake, TWS dog leg 2 rail, Aimpoint comp ml3 red dot with larue mount, CAA grip). Now, I am looking at getting a different stock for it rather than the wood finish one. I have been looking online at some of the buffer tube's you can get for the milled AK's, in order to put on one of those magpul collapsible stocks.

I am curious as to get some in sight about the best buffer tubes that you can get for these milled AK's if anyone has ideas?

bump

you mean a milled stock adapter so you can use AR crap?
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

I don't know about an adapter, but a full buffer tube that fits milled AK's. I like the look of them better than getting any of that Tapco crap.

sounds like you are talking about the ACE stuff.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Picture of my AK currently. Definitely looking to get the buffer tube attachment for the stock, and getting a quad rail eventually.
    Attached Images Attached Images

bump

Hi,

Do you mean the CAR15/16 retractible tube stock , which is now being put on the draco's and et all , that are folding capable ?

Man, IMO, on an AK, those stink.

I had an original CAR15 made by Colt in the early 70's. They are ok on a M16 from a overall length standpoint, but did add weight. Looked kool on it though, I must admit. Thats part of why I bought it.

They are a joke on an AK. But then again, thats My opinion. I will quantify my answer so as not to seem the total jerk.
    Those telescoping CAR style stocks add weight, confusion, edges to get snagged on clothing, and are 'combat' impracticle on this mechanically styled weapon that has a short , light weight, and durable stock already.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Heres your pic:

In my opinion, one more ounce of tactical will be too much for your rifles overall visual presentation. Keep the wood stock and you'll keep it classy.

And the little rubber thing on the charging handle is just to protect it while shipping. I would remove it.

Welcome to the club, and please forgive the AK snobbery.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Rochester, New York, United States, Rochester, New York

I love wood!

Sorry I can't give you tactical solutions for your AK. I'm an old dude and grew up with
    guns that had wood stocks and have been a basement wood hack for over 40 years.
    I have lots of weapons that I have converted back to wood stocks. The only mods I make to my AKs is to install a non-destructive side mount for a red-dot and a light,
    that's it, I bring the wood back to a very nice condition but not so much that I worry
    about dinging it up. But then again, I'm just an old dude.

Just me and my monkey....

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

im sure your getting quite upset with this site by now with everyone bashing you, but i thought id join in anyway.

really, its your gun, do what you wish. i, however, would echo the comments of all of the previous posters about how i cringe when i see you talking about destroying that beautiful rifle and turning it into a piece of mall ninja shit. that said, i WOULD be ok with a bolt on, if it were me, however, i believe this is what your looking for:

http://riflestocks.com/store/product59.html

and:

Modification of receiver is necessary, both upper and lower tangs need to be removed.
    i gotta go now, i just threw up a little just thinking of that.

You know... I really have always liked the look of the wood grain on the AK's, so I think I will probably end up keeping it on there. The only thing I was thinking about doing more with it is putting a vertical grip on it, but that would require getting some sort of rail system for the handguard and thus removing the wood. I'll ponder on it a bit, but I think I'll probably keep it where it's at. Thanks for the insight guys.