Thread: Charter Arms .22LR revolvers?

Charter Arms .22LR revolvers?

Are these any good? I'm missing a 22 wheelgun in my collection. Would like a S&W, but they are going for too much money. Kind of on the fence about Taurus.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I know nothing about Charter Arms, but what about Ruger .22 wheelguns? Mid-priced, accurate, and many come with interchangeable cylinders. Plus, they last forever.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I know nothing about Charter Arms, but what about Ruger .22 wheelguns? Mid-priced, accurate, and many come with interchangeable cylinders. Plus, they last forever.
    Yep - my vote. A nice SP101 .22LR, Single Six or Bearcat.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

I've found charter arm revolvers to be serviceable but not the highest quality, as the caliber gets smaller IMO you need as tight tolerances as you can get. I would not bet (spend) my money on charter doing that to my liking.

Senior Member Silicon Wolverine's Avatar

look at teh heritage line of revos. solid reputation and quality product. im not a wheelgun guy but theyve always impressed me with quality and workmanship.

SW

CA pathfinder ain't bad for a 6-shot smith simulacrum .22 wheelgun.

Mostly happy with mine, but wish it held 9 like the smith or 10 like the taurus.

My wife once bought my a CA .45LC/410 two shot derringer... it was pretty cool. The wood grip and stainless steel were of very high quality. If that gun is any indication of CA's quality, you're good to go with their .22LR revolver.

BTW, I traded the derringer back in within a couple days as I quickly found that I couldn't hit anything with it at 10 feet! No joke, I'm not the best marksman, but this thing is for extreme close up and personal business. Me, I never want to be that close to a BG, and I want more than two shots.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by Silicon Wolverine View Post
    look at teh heritage line of revos. solid reputation and quality product. im not a wheelgun guy but theyve always impressed me with quality and workmanship.

SW
    +1

You could always consider a North American Arms, they are well made and pretty cheap compared to a ruger or smith