Thread: Agent Orange..

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

Agent Orange..

I just found out that I may have been exposed to agent orange. The VA revised the list of locations where it was used and U-Tapao AB Thailand was on the list at the time I was there. It was used to defoliate the base perimeter. The bomb dump was right on the perimeter. I need to go to the VA clinic lab next week. I better sign up for the registery. I always wondered why I got the agent orange news letter. I have some medical issues that may have resulted from exposure.....chris3

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. But then again maybe you didn't get exposed. Get tested and see what they come up with.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    My father in law and my former co-worker got 100% disability after getting a certain kind of prostate cancer that is related to Agent Orange. Get to the VA my friend.

Edit to add... My friends father died from Agent Orange related CANCER. Please, get into the VA if you were even possibly exposed.

I get tested every year now after being exposed to THIS crap. I'm fine, but some others ain't so much. The VA tracks this under the gulf war syndrom registry.

http://www.publichealth.va.gov/expos...if/qarmat-ali/
    OEF/OIF Hazardous Exposures: Qarmat Ali Water Treatment Facility
    During the spring and summer of 2003, about 830 Servicemembers guarded a water treatment facility in the Basrah oil fields at Qarmat Ali, Iraq. Servicemembers included National Guard, Reserve, and active duty soldiers. Many of the Guard/Reserve members were from Indiana, South Carolina, West Virginia, and Oregon. This facility was contaminated with sodium dichromate dust, which is a source of hexavalent chromium, a chemical that is known to cause cancer.

VA has set up a free, special medical surveillance program to monitor the health of Veterans who were at Qarmat Ali.

Last edited by btcave; 12-02-2011 at 10:35 PM.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertales View Post
    I just found out that I may have been exposed to agent orange. The VA revised the list of locations where it was used and U-Tapao AB Thailand was on the list at the time I was there. It was used to defoliate the base perimeter. The bomb dump was right on the perimeter. I need to go to the VA clinic lab next week. I better sign up for the registery. I always wondered why I got the agent orange news letter. I have some medical issues that may have resulted from exposure.....chris3
    Watch your PSA levels for prostate cancer and also keep track of your blood sugar. Adult onset diabetes type II is presumed to be caused by agent orange, but only type II. You're in the Dallas catchment area, so everything will go thru them and Waco. Do you know you PSA level.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I lost an Uncle, my best coworker friend and I have my current best coworker friend in remission from leukemia, lymphoma and now has prostrate cancer... I hate the shit, I've lost too many to it.

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

Update on this.....

The VA rep told me I have to go to the VA hospital in Dallas for a medical exam. I told him where I was stationed and what I did. I had a satellite photo of U-Tapao AB in Thailand with the location of my work area. My work area, the bomb dump, was adjacent to the perimeter of the base on two sides. The VA rep said I might have been exposed to agent orange. I explained my high blood pressure and irregular heartbeat. He said I might get some disability if it all checks out. Hoping........now that I am retired, I can use the money......chris3

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    This will probably be to add you to the Agent Orange Registry, and then if the Dr. finds anything, to schedule you for examinations. Be prepared for a long, slow process.

http://www.publichealth.va.gov/expos...e/registry.asp
    Last edited by N/A; 12-07-2011 at 06:21 PM.

My company was sprayed several times by the planes spraying the defoliant. We actually felt the mist of it falling on us. The bad thing was that we were out in the boonies, and we wore the same clothes for weeks at a time. Unless it rained to wash us off, we were steadily exposed, but none of us knew any better. We have lost several from my company to Agent Orange related Leukemia, the latest we know of was just last year. One guy's wife became pregnant right after he got back, and the child was born with a birth defect that he didn't find out until later was related to Agent Orange. I have been told by several from my outfit that I need to sign up with the VA for Agent Orange and PTSD screening. I don't have any symptoms, so I hate to take the time off to go to the VA.

Thanks for the link, N/A.

Here is one that will give you an insight into what other vets are going thru with the VA and what help to get with your claims.

http://vets.yuku.com/

I didn't have any symptons either when I signed up several years ago, but have just recenrly received treatment for one of the conditions related to agent orange.

I've had agent orange problems for 10 years now a lot of neurological nerve damage type problems.Things similar to MS an know of several other vets from Nam who have similar problems.Get checked out if you are having problems even diabetes type II.