Thread: Towner 500... never heard of this

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Question Towner 500... never heard of this

$1895... custom gun I guess.

Kinda cool.

Too much for me especially when I can get a solid Marlin 45-70 for $700 or less.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Kinda neat but I don't know where I would use it. At best a guide rifle in bear territory.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I'm not sure of the name of it, but that looks like a copy of the IMI pump action, .357 carbine of the 70's (I, probably, have the name wrong, but it was an Israeli-manufactured gun). It does look pretty neat, but there's no way I can afford something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I'm not sure of the name of it, but that looks like a copy of the IMI pump action, .357 carbine of the 70's (I, probably, have the name wrong, but it was an Israeli-manufactured gun). It does look pretty neat, but there's no way I can afford something like that.
    You're thinking of the Timberwolf..

I have often wondered why makers of 410 pumps don't tool up and make a 45/70 pump, it would seem to me alot of the technology would transfer over easily enough and open up a entire new market. I've seen videos of Saiga 410's converted to 45/70...

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    I have often wondered why makers of 410 pumps don't tool up and make a 45/70 pump, it would seem to me alot of the technology would transfer over easily enough and open up a entire new market. I've seen videos of Saiga 410's converted to 45/70...
    That's the one. I always wanted one of those, but didn't have the money at the time. Yeah, a .45-70 pump would be nice.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post

you should look up the remington model 14 or 141. Not in .45/70 but they made them in a variety of mid-sized cartridges including the .35 rem.