Thread: Beretta 92A1?

Beretta 92A1?

Any opinions? This would be my first Beretta full size pistol. No particular reason to buy, I like the way my kid's M9 airsoft feels
    My favorite shotgun is Beretta 391 Urika - awesome gun.
    What about the guns made in US vs. Italy?

My son liked his issued M9 so much he's bought 2 in between his last 2 deployments.

I think they are large handguns but if that's not a concern they seem smooth, accurate and reliable.

BTW that's not a 92A1 but a M9A1...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mriddick; 12-05-2011 at 08:59 PM.

I like my 92FS. It's an older model US made model. It's been 100% reliable, and is very accurate.

Just remember, a lot of holsters that work for the 92FS and M9 won't work for that pistol due to the rails.

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    My son liked his issued M9 so much he's bought 2 in between his last 2 deployments.

I think they are large handguns but if that's not a concern they seem smooth, accurate and reliable.

BTW that's not a 92A1 but a M9A1...
    92A1 is the civilian nomenclature. I haven't bought one yet. Maybe tomorrow.
    What's with the do-rag on that boy?

Quote Originally Posted by vit View Post
    I'm not sure but my guess is while in A-stan he fell in with the wrong people and joined the crips.

(I think they were goofing for the camera)

BTW he has a bunch of holsters from his deployment in Afghanistan, if you get the pistol and want a real bring back holster I can send you one...
    Last edited by mriddick; 12-05-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Beretta 92's (M9) are one of the best 9mm high cap pistols money can buy. They are large, if you like a full size pistol, the 92 is the way to go. Be sure it has a steel guide rod, some of the newer ones have plastic guide rods. I changed mine out with the stainless rod, titanium spring upgrade, what a difference it made!
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by vit View Post
    Actually mriddick is correct. The top pistol is a 92FS Type M9A1. It has the standard 92FS slide, and trigger guard with the front rail. The 92A1 has the standard 92FS slide on a frame that has the rounded trigger guard, and front rail. The 92A1 also adds a captive recoil spring, recoil buffer and a removable front sight.

As for the difference between the Italian made and US made, just a marking or two, otherwise they are made to the exact same standards.

By the way, I might be an AK-nut, but I am also a Beretta Series 92 collector and have built, modified, and played with more than a couple.

I bought a M9 with the 'commemorative' gold print Army Edition Operation Enduring Freedom. I replaced the guide rod with a metal Buffer Technology unit. It made a noticeable difference. I mainly sold it because the gun is so darn large.

What I don't like about the M9:
    open slide/exposed barrel (allows dirt in action)
    large physical size
    DA/SA trigger (inconsistant)
    Stick with Beretta or Mec-Gar mags (checkmate mags are junk)
    Hell-bent, 100%, Texan til' I die...
    "Is not safe... Is GUN" -anonymous Russian Soldier