Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats up with noveske ars?

whats up with noveske ars?

buddy has a woody for em,says hes thinking of selling a couple of bushys to pay for 1,anybody have any ep. with these?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Tell your buddy to keep his Bushmasters and just save up.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 12-11-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Noveske is who you go to when Colt isn't expensive enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    Wait.. my LMT isn't expensive enough? (Just a LMT lower, can't afford one of those fancy uppers!)

TO me... Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite and DPMS (My favorite) are more than adequate But to each his own ;-)
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Noveske... for when you HAVE to have a rifle to never shoot but take pictures of instead.
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    TO me... Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite and DPMS (My favorite) are more than adequate But to each his own ;-)
    ArmaLite is my favorite followed by Colt.

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by cevulirn View Post
    Wait.. my LMT isn't expensive enough? (Just a LMT lower, can't afford one of those fancy uppers!)
    I was trying to remember the name of "that other" really expensive boutique AR manufacturer. Nice rifle BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidus-snake View Post
    Noveske... for when you HAVE to have a rifle to never shoot but take pictures of instead.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post

Wart
    Both excellent choices... but with any of the main AR makers, I really don't think you can go wrong.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by cevulirn View Post
    Is your LMT one of the Piston driven types?

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

I'm probably going with a Noveske upper for my .300 BLK SBR. Not a lot of other options.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Quote Originally Posted by nfa1934 View Post
    I'm probably going with a Noveske upper for my .300 BLK SBR. Not a lot of other options.
    hepiphanyttp://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/category/CMMG-300-AAC-Blackout-Uppers-202 Not necessarily so. Check out CMMG with 300 AAC Blackout uppers.

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post

Wart
    I absolutely love my Armalite mid-length upper. Loved both my Colts and my S&W too. Still, I'd like to be able to assemble a high quality clone at a reasonable price.

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    hepiphanyttp://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/category/CMMG-300-AAC-Blackout-Uppers-202 Not necessarily so. Check out CMMG with 300 AAC Blackout uppers.
    Their site only shows 16" barrel uppers. Looking for an 8" barrel.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Vtor aint cheap either. I'm happy with my S&W M&P15T over the bushy, and Oly I used to have. Also like DPMS but that's in 308. If your friend really has to have it he should hold on to what he has and save. I'd honestly be happy with 2 AR's and would invest that cash in mags and ammo. But that's just me.

Noveske distinguished themselves by hanging with the big names providing mil-spec quality AR-15s (the more I learn about ARs the more I consider some names nothing more than range toys) and truly stood out when they were the first guys to offer CHF barrels on an AR-15 (their cut-rifled match barreled guns were nothing to scoff about either). They remained a side note untill the 2008 post election rush and their stuff became solid gold from all the folks who had been thinking of getting a Noveske but never pulled the trigger.

These days they continue to offer exceptional rifles but there are several other companies that offer very good guns with similar features at a competitive price. There is nothing magical about the Noveske line. Top notch components that are well put together and if it can be loctited they probably apply a generous ammount.

If I could only have one gun Noveske would be competing on a very short list.

Quote Originally Posted by Starvin View Post
    Noveske distinguished themselves by hanging with the big names providing mil-spec quality AR-15s (the more I learn about ARs the more I consider some names nothing more than range toys) and truly stood out when they were the first guys to offer CHF barrels on an AR-15 (their cut-rifled match barreled guns were nothing to scoff about either). They remained a side note untill the 2008 post election rush and their stuff became solid gold from all the folks who had been thinking of getting a Noveske but never pulled the trigger.

These days they continue to offer exceptional rifles but there are several other companies that offer very good guns with similar features at a competitive price. There is nothing magical about the Noveske line. Top notch components that are well put together and if it can be loctited they probably apply a generous ammount.

If I could only have one gun Noveske would be competing on a very short list.
    Plenty of Bushmasters, Armalites, Colt and DPMS rifles compete the same Carbine Courses every day and seem to run fine... And if you want more Loctite (Or more things staked) that is easy enough to do on your kitchen table.

If you TRULY want a rifle built to your perfect specs...

Save some $$$$ and roll your own.
    Last edited by gpwasr10; 12-15-2011 at 11:24 AM.
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post

Colts can't be that expensive, I have one and I'm a cheap bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by nfa1934 View Post
    Their site only shows 16" barrel uppers. Looking for an 8" barrel.
    You didn't stipulate a barrel length.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast