Thread: Taller front sight with A.R.M.S. #40 BUIS?

Taller front sight with A.R.M.S. #40 BUIS?

Do I have to get a taller front sight to use with A.R.M.S. #40? I swapped out the A2 upper receiver with a flat top on my Dissy.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Standard front sight.

If you are talking about the low profile version, the A.R.M.S. 40"L", that refers to it's profile in the down position, not when it is up for use. Both will work with a standard height M4/M16 front sight.

The ARMS Stand Alone Flip-up sight, utilizes the same well proven concept as the rear sight on the SWAN Sleeve system. The unique design of the spring loaded rear sight, ensures constant battery action and repeat zero. The sight is held in the locked down position by a quick release lever, that prevents the sight from being accidentally engaged, but it as fast as a trigger to release even with arctic mittens. The initial elevation zero utilizes the standard M16/M4 front sight bead.
    For longer ranges the leaf sight aperture is rotated to access the 500-600 capability with the built in horizon line feature that helps lead distant targets and lets the shooter square the rife to counter windage offsets, if the rifle is inadvertently tilted. Other type rear iron fold-down sights require the shooter to push it into position, which means they can be accidentally knocked down at the worst time. The ARMS spring loaded flip-up sights never let you down, because they're designed to always be there even when going thru brush or being dropped.

Damn, now you got me thinking of ordering one.
    Last edited by btcave; 12-17-2011 at 11:24 PM.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Is the front sight a rail mounted one. There may be two different heights depending on whether the front sight is a detachable one that is either mounted on a gas block rail or mounted on a hand guard rail. I'm not up to speed on that, so hopefully others can comment.
    Last edited by btcave; 12-17-2011 at 11:37 PM.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.