Thread: The wait starts tomorrow, yay!

The wait starts tomorrow, yay!

Sheriff's office called me up today to let me know he signed my application for the AAC Eco 9mm can I have waiting at the local shop. Took him a week to get the paperwork signed, I don't know if that's average wait time or not. Honestly thought it would take longer. But anyways I have some running around to do to get the paperwork sent in. This will be my first can and I've been waiting for Michigan to make it legal here. From other posts here it seems 3 months is the average wait time from the BATFE. Also I've started saving the funds for my next hope full purchase. A Gemtech 5.56 can for my MP15T probably in spring.

3 months?

Good luck with that, I hope its true.

I recently bought a M16A1 on a form 3 ... dealer to dealer transfer is about 60 days I'm told by a couple dealers, and they get expedited service.

According to the BTAFE gal I talked to last Thursday its taking about 5 months after your application goes pending ... so that means I'm looking at 8 months before I can take my M16 home.

People that already been approved for class III/title II items should go through the system a bit quicker ... like being able to forgo the NICS check when you have a CCW. I've already got 3 SBR's so whats the hold up ... obviously I'm a law abiding citizen
    Last edited by kimberkid; 12-11-2011 at 08:37 AM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arcangel View Post
    Sheriff's office called me up today to let me know he signed my application for the AAC Eco 9mm can I have waiting at the local shop. Took him a week to get the paperwork signed, I don't know if that's average wait time or not. Honestly thought it would take longer. But anyways I have some running around to do to get the paperwork sent in. This will be my first can and I've been waiting for Michigan to make it legal here. From other posts here it seems 3 months is the average wait time from the BATFE. Also I've started saving the funds for my next hope full purchase. A Gemtech 5.56 can for my MP15T probably in spring.
    Just a tip here passed down to me from a buddy that is a dealer. .30 caliber cans work on 5.56 weapons, so if you go .30 cal. suppressor you will have a dual use suppressor. More adivise from me who is paying this hefty price of 100 bucks per quick connect type flash hider is to go thread on suppressor. I've got an M4-1000 by AAC using the quick mount Black Out hiders. Each one is $99 plus tax so about $106.60 here in GA. I just purchased my 3rd Blackout Hider last week so that I can mount my one 5.56 suppressor on my 3 full caliber AR-15 rifles. I get queasy when I think of nearly $320 for fucking flash hiders. Damn that's enough scratch to buy a rifle.

Thanks for the heads up, and advice guys. I wasn't sure how long the whole process takes. But from what it sounds like its way too damn long. And Shuetz I've seen the M4-1000 can and adapter hiders you spoke about at the local shop here. For the can itself they want $850.00 and the 100.00 for the hider. I'm looking at a Gemtech Trek in 5.56 for my MP15T. They do not have any .30 cal cans at all yet and don't seem interested in getting any for a while. I would like one for my LR308 AP4, but am yet to find one in Tan, to match the furniture on that rifle. I like the idea of having a can in every caliber that I own as well, and not having to switchthem out unless for cleaning. Thanks for the info.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

My local shop sells the M4-1000 for $549 ish which is what I paid for mine. The M4-2000 is $850 at my local gun shop. I would suggest your dealer is marking them up kind of high. MSRP is $650 on an M-4000 you shouldn't have to pay more than that. I see the MSRP for the 2000 is 1050, I appreciate my local dealer as they don't jack up the prices and do in fact discount a bit over suggested MSRP.

IMO, look for another dealer and maybe put something on order that you want provided they aren't going to go beyond MSRP on a suppressor. Damn things are expensive enough without paying a premium beyond what should yield a decent proft.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Just a tip here passed down to me from a buddy that is a dealer. .30 caliber cans work on 5.56 weapons, so if you go .30 cal. suppressor you will have a dual use suppressor. More adivise from me who is paying this hefty price of 100 bucks per quick connect type flash hider is to go thread on suppressor. I've got an M4-1000 by AAC using the quick mount Black Out hiders. Each one is $99 plus tax so about $106.60 here in GA. I just purchased my 3rd Blackout Hider last week so that I can mount my one 5.56 suppressor on my 3 full caliber AR-15 rifles. I get queasy when I think of nearly $320 for fucking flash hiders. Damn that's enough scratch to buy a rifle.
    Couldn't you just keep an extra FH and use the can on any properly threaded gun? I'm waiting on a 3 lug MK-9K for my M11, my first suppressor.