Got my approved Form 1 to SBR the Bushmaster. Ordered parts.

I was originally going to buy an upper, but another thread convinced me to look into building my own. I can build two uppers for $300 less than the Noveske complete upper was going to cost. My two builds:

DPMS flattop upper (no forward assist, no dust cover - never used or liked either), YHM lightweight railed handguards (mini), and Noveske 8" .300 BLK barrel and gas tube. Will have a YHM quick-disconnect flash-hider for my Phantom suppressor and a Trijicon RX30-23.

DPMS flattop upper (no forward assist, no dust cover - never used or liked either), YHM lightweight railed handguards (carbine), and Noveske 10.5" 5.56 barrel and gas tube. Will have a YHM quick-disconnect flash-hider for my Phantom suppressor. Moving my Eotech and 3x magnifier from my SIG556 to this upper (haven't decided what is going on the SIG yet, maybe an ACOG).

Both uppers will use the bolt/bolt carrier from my Bushmaster and a gas buster charging handle with extended latch. The lower is getting a Timney trigger.

All parts have shipped except the .300 BLK barrel (backordered, supposedly due back in stock at Midway next week).