Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, who knows crap about daewoos?

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation

So, who knows crap about daewoos?

Local shop has a daewoo dr200 for $649, they've been a fancy of mine for a while and I'm thinking of popping on it, My question is who makes proper stocks and grips for it? It's currently in AWB dress and I want to evil it up a bit. Also does anyone know if the fake flashhider is pressed on or threaded and welded?

they are a super sexy stepchild to the galils,i bought one back in the day and loved it,get a ace stock for it ,youn can still get parts for em too IIRC,my flashy was welded on////////man but for 650 you could go ar-ish which is what i did...........i found a couple of dr-200s to replace my original but they were 700ish ,and i just spent another hundred and got a bushy

I could probably get it for 600.

id do it man,your guarannteed to be the only guy with one at the range,

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

If you get it and don't like it, you could always trade it for my Bushmaster bullpup.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I'm planning on boogieing on down to the shop to put money down on it.

Only stock's I'm finding are Ace just looking right now.
    I've seen earlier one's that were one piece molded with stock and grip together. They were formed to allow for the curve cut on the back of those receivers.
    I see that Ace has a receiver block now to straighten the back for regular stocks. only thing I'm finding is folding. So they are out there kind of pricy.

I know way back the replacement parts were a big drawback on those but there are a lot of American made stuff now so you should be able to keep it running.

Nice price and they are "tits"
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

You can't get it back to proper non ban configuration, as the parts are not available. However, ACE makes a nice adapter for it that will accommodate their folder. The are excellent rifles, but not any better than an AR180, Sig, or the like. Obviously, they will never give you the options that are available in an AR.
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

I had one, considering what it takes to get to preban configuration I sold mine and bought a Sig 556 and think I did better. They aren't a bad rifle but in counting the cost and what you end up with I don't consider them that superior to what's out there now (either cheaper AR's or Sigs).

I don't think that I have seen one before. It is one of those guns I would like to look at.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    I don't think that I have seen one before. It is one of those guns I would like to look at.
    Mine is a preban AR100 and has the faster 1:7 twist. They can still be found on GB if one looks http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=265837274

Last edited by vit; 12-24-2011 at 12:10 AM.

Inside...

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I didn't click on this link because I thought this was a car thread. Thanks for the pics. Nice looking weapon. Is it on an AR lower?
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I didn't click on this link because I thought this was a car thread. Thanks for the pics. Nice looking weapon. Is it on an AR lower?
    There are some similarities

Quote Originally Posted by nitewatcher View Post
    I remember when I bought mine. I asked the dealer what is that gun. he said its basically an AK upper & AR lower. Does that sound right to you?
    No. If anything, It's a piston AR, but uses an AK style long stroke gas piston. The concept came from the Bushmaster armpistol and the Bushmaster Assault rifle that was based on it.
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

Quote Originally Posted by nitewatcher View Post
    I remember when I bought mine. I asked the dealer what is that gun. he said its basically an AK upper & AR lower. Does that sound right to you? I still cant figure out why they went to 1:12 from 1:7 do you know?
    Supposedly the later postban rifles were put together with surplussed early barrels.

A wonderfull rifle. Wish I still had mine. The recoil is completely different from an ar. A stock of the most important parts would be a wise thing to have.

Many of the parts either interchange with, or can be relatively easily modified from, standard AR internals.

Funkiest unique bit is probably the spring loaded ejector in the lower.

Ok, so can anyone direct me to a guide that goes though how to convert it to a proper stock? I'm finding the vast number of different parts kind of confusing.

Thanks for posting the pictures of the rifles especially the internals. I will have to keep an eye out for one and see if I can't pick one up some time.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast