Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig 1911 TACOPS?

Sig 1911 TACOPS?

Thinking of treating myself to a 1911. The Sig 1911 TACOPS caught my eye. Any opinions?

Get the regular sig 1911. That tacops crap is for rambo teens. IIRC the tacops doesn't have the match stuff like barrel and trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_Male View Post
    Get the regular sig 1911. That tacops crap is for rambo teens. IIRC the tacops doesn't have the match stuff like barrel and trigger.
    Which, for a pistol meant as a Combat Sidearm, is actually preferred due to the looser tolerances giving way to better reliability....

I like it.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    Which, for a pistol meant as a Combat Sidearm, is actually preferred due to the looser tolerances giving way to better reliability....

I like it.
    If we were talking about a taurus 1911 I would absolutely agree with you. However, sig is known for tight tolerances and still performing with out a glitch. If you could ever describe a Glock 1911 the Sig 1911 would fit that perfectly. Having personally fired one myself I can say the non tacticool 1911 with match parts is a well oiled machine. One of the best 1911s I've fired running hollow points.

I've always been impressed by the fit and finish of the Sig 1911s. A little pricey, but the little details show where the extra money is going. Beefy parts, solid design, and gorgeous machining.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

I'd prefer the Sig XO Black. I just don't need a rail but that's a personal preference thing. No issue with Sigs in general. Just my $0.02.

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

If we were talking about a taurus 1911 I would absolutely agree with you. However, sig is known for tight tolerances and still performing with out a glitch. If you could ever describe a Glock 1911 the Sig 1911 would fit that perfectly. Having personally fired one myself I can say the non tacticool 1911 with match parts is a well oiled machine. One of the best 1911s I've fired running hollow points.
    I have found there is no such thing as magical hardware. Put two identical pistols on the field and give one a couple thousandths of clearance and it will tolerate more abuse and lack of maintenance, it might not be as precise, but it will put up with more fouling do to the extra space to store it. A defensive handguns ONLY purpose is to work and put bullets in the air (preferably on your way to a rifle).

YMMV

Like I sad, I like this Sig, and if it were a little looser, I would see that as a welcome thing for it’s type.
    Last edited by gpwasr10; 12-24-2011 at 10:12 PM.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Get the threaded barrel version. Then put a Silencerco Osprey on it.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    I have found there is no such thing as magical hardware. Put two identical pistols on the field and give one a couple thousandths of clearance and it will tolerate more abuse and lack of maintenance, it might not be as precise, but it will put up with more fouling do to the extra space to store it. A defensive handguns ONLY purpose is to work and put bullets in the air (preferably on your way to a rifle).

YMMV

Like I sad, I like this Sig, and if it were a little looser, I would see that as a welcome thing for it’s type.
    Hardware not so much but how it's built is the main thing. You can build a car out of the best materials but if it's built off set it's going to run like crap. If you build a car with decent materials and precise machining it's going to run like a clock. One thing I've noticed about my sig is that after a few hundred rounds it shot better and better. Either way I think it'll work out for the OP...They feed hollow points very well and are good solid guns.

Hardware not so much but how it's built is the main thing. You can build a car out of the best materials but if it's built off set it's going to run like crap. If you build a car with decent materials and precise machining it's going to run like a clock. One thing I've noticed about my sig is that after a few hundred rounds it shot better and better. Either way I think it'll work out for the OP...They feed hollow points very well and are good solid guns.
    But if you take two well made guns and give one looser tolerances, it will run dirtier and more reliably. Take my PT-1911 for example, it's loose, not super accurate (about a 4" group) but I have yet to see a fail, however other high end 1911's I have shot have seen failures (Colt Gold Cups, Sigs, TRPs, etc...) have all failed on me or other why I watched them clear said jam. Granted it was with "practice Ammo" and many of these times those guns have been filthy, but then again my gun was operating under the exact same scenarios. The designs are identical and the only difference is with the tolerances of the weapon.

I'm sorry man, but any way you slice it, for defense, make mine a "rattle trap". Hell when I had my PT-1911 De-Horned and Bear Coated I had them actually loosen up the slide to frame fit as it was pretty tight when I bought it.

I've worn this a few times while out on the town and trust it to perform 100%.
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton

I think this is my next gun purchase...

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    I think this is my next gun purchase...
    That is a nice weapon....
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton

I can't find a reason not to get it. Plus it's not CA and MA compliant - that has to count for something. Thinking of placing the order for it tomorrow. It will be about 200 bucks less than what Cabelas is asking.

The TACOPS is what used to be SIG Blackwater line - gone are the logos and the branded grips, but otherwise same pistols.

That's where I saw it before! Looked fammilier. Yeah, I'd do it... Hell I may do it now that I know that!
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton

It's on order...

Quote Originally Posted by vit View Post
    It's on order...
    Congratulations! I hope it is as satisfying as it looks. Please post pics upon receipt.

Out of all the guns I've ever owned to date, both side arm pistols/revolvers and rifles of varying sorts.... my Kimber Pro Covert II is singularly, the ONLY "gun" that goes boom EVERY time I pull the trigger. I've had Glocks FTF with limp wristing, light primer strikes on other pistols/rifles... this little sucker goes boom no matter what I feed it.

I just wish this thing held more than 8 rounds (Chip McCormick mag).... I wish they made a 15 round double stack pistol like Para-Ordinance.

I think Vit's choice is well considered and well decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post
    Out of all the guns I've ever owned to date, both side arm pistols/revolvers and rifles of varying sorts.... my Kimber Pro Covert II is singularly, the ONLY "gun" that goes boom EVERY time I pull the trigger. I've had Glocks FTF with limp wristing, light primer strikes on other pistols/rifles... this little sucker goes boom no matter what I feed it.

I just wish this thing held more than 8 rounds (Chip McCormick mag).... I wish they made a 15 round double stack pistol like Para-Ordinance.
    PLUS, it looks super bad ass.

I have the same experience with this .45.. which is why it got "the treatment".
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast