Thread: Marlin Price Check

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Marlin Price Check

I have a chance to get either a Marlin 1895G ($499), or a Marlin 1895GS ($549), plus tax. Both of these are NIB. Are these prices good?

I used to have a Siamese Mauser chambered for .45-70, but traded it off. I have a ton of reloading supplies for this caliber and have been wanting to get another rifle chambered for this round.

Is this a good deal, or not? If it's a good/decent deal, I'll go over and get it tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I have a chance to get either a Marlin 1895G ($499), or a Marlin 1895GS ($549), plus tax. Both of these are NIB. Are these prices good?

I used to have a Siamese Mauser chambered for .45-70, but traded it off. I have a ton of reloading supplies for this caliber and have been wanting to get another rifle chambered for this round.

Is this a good deal, or not? If it's a good/decent deal, I'll go over and get it tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.
    I'm not really familiar with new pricing on them, but that sounds about average.

if they are actual marlin made guns I would recommend it, however if they were made after remington took over production I would be wary.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

For NIB, that is a good price yes. However, if these are recent production, then inspect them carefully before making the purchase = check the barrel alignment and if the buttstock is loose at all, then insist on taking it off to inspect underneath.

I bought a recent production one and had to send it back for the barrel to be re-indexed (actually I'm pretty sure they installed a new barrle) and to get a new buttstock...

It's a good shooter now for sure and I really like it but beware = they've had a lot of quality issues.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~