Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems Getting On Site?

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Sent you my IP. Wasn't able to get the traceroute to work. The proxy server did though, so I guess it is time to do battle with Wave Cable. I sooooo looke forward to that.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

I doubt they'd be able to fix anything either.. the proxy thing will be your route..
    -=Alex=-
    Please send me a message of ANY and ALL server / forum / site related issues that need to be addressed. This does not include personal problems with users or moderators. Dont ask me for help on posting a picture, video or whatever in a thread. Ask someone else. I'm busy.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Angry

What a pain in the butt!!!! So is this the only way I'll be able to get here now? Using the Proxy server?
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    What a pain in the butt!!!! So is this the only way I'll be able to get here now? Using the Proxy server?
    At least you are on site, glad to see you made it no matter how you did it.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    Pretty much. I checked GN's DNS entries and we're fine.
    -=Alex=-
    Please send me a message of ANY and ALL server / forum / site related issues that need to be addressed. This does not include personal problems with users or moderators. Dont ask me for help on posting a picture, video or whatever in a thread. Ask someone else. I'm busy.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnetadmin View Post
    Pretty much. I checked GN's DNS entries and we're fine.
    It appears to be something wrong with the RoadRunner (rr.com) network in San Antonio, Texas. That's where my traceroute keeps hanging (IP address=24.28.133.51). Have you tried contacting them and letting them know multiple people aren't able to get through to the site?
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Is LAGC right about this?
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Question

Changed ISP's today....still cannot access either puter from home......stuped question, is it possible to block by address??????????
    Dan

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Dan, check you email.

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Ok... I'll make it as clear as possible...

I cant see you from the server. Its not a problem at our ISP..could be between. Its nothing I can control.

Our cable modem was changed out, our configuration at the domain level was not changed, it still points to the same place. If there was a blocking issue, it would be at the server level which is not something I am doing. Our cable modem has nothing in it..it just passes traffic thru..no forwarding, nothing special.

Google for "free proxy server".. or use: http://www.hidemyass.com ...usage is self explanatory.
    -=Alex=-

[QUOTE=gunsnetadmin;199113]

Our cable modem was changed out. If there was a blocking issue, it would be at the server level which is not something I am doing.

Then I would think this is the problem! Can't someone fix this?
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

[QUOTE=recon;199118]
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsnetadmin View Post

Our cable modem was changed out. If there was a blocking issue, it would be at the server level which is not something I am doing.

Then I would think this is the problem! Can't someone fix this?
    Ok, let me try my skills at English speaking again..

The purpose of a proxy server is to hide where you're coming from and also to be able to access blocked sites by going thru a "third party" server. When you use a proxy, it still has to go through Time Warner's network to finally get to GunsNet. What you're doing is basically circumventing whatever blocks your ISP and maybe inbetween GN and your/your ISP are. If there was a problem on GN which includes the SERVER CONFIGURATION, cable modem, DNS entries then there would be a widespread issue not just two people.

While its frustrating, there's nothing more I can do other than send you to a proxy server which is a link I've posted above.
    -=Alex=-

Only Two people? I think it's more than that. It's still strange that after this site went down then came back up all the issues that SOME of us were having to get on this site. Since all the other sites that I visit I have had no problem getting on just is odd that this one is the only one with issues. I even did what alex told me to do to try and get here thru my provider. Nothing worked. But I was still able to get on my other sites with no issues. So it would seem the issue is still the servers or what ever it is will still be a problem here. The proxy sever works since that is the only way to get here. Go figure!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Alex, both you and steve mace have spent a lot of time with my problems...changed ISP and still cannot access from home. Plugged in a 3d puter and still no access. Works fine from work and on any puter away from home. I've simply resolved as long as I can get on from office.....don't spend any more time on it.
    I'll contine to used GN as long as I can access it from work only short coming is weekends. I sincerely thank you for the efforts!
    Dan

I'm just stumped. One of you gave me an IP...when I do some checks..I get part of the ways to you from GN then it stops..then you guys are having the same issue coming to GN.
    -=Alex=-

Alex, by using freeproxyserver, I am on at home.Thanks!
    Dan

Which is the only way for me also. Errrr. Also I can't use the smileys on the site now. I guess the proxy sever won't allow it.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

I am in the process of moving and using Sprint (I think, from the hotel) and it is working fine. The hotel is about 3 miles from where I am moving out. Wierd. I would like this to not happen but I have to admit an odd sense of satisfaction that the guys that know computers are stumped as well! Thanks for all the help though!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Let me say this.... brother Schuetzenman posted this in the admin forum.

"It's been a very wierd and frustraiting chain of events. I just got the lap top so today I went out and got a wireless router from Netgear and installed it. While at Fry's Electronics my wife brought up the subject of selective web sites not coming up to the sales guy. He said maybe I should uninstall Windows Explorer or upgrade to WE 9. So after getting the wireless router going I did just that, upgraded to WE9. Fixed it instantly.

File it in your memory banks should anything like this happen to your own PC's."
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    The most recently revised government version of anything supersedes all evidence to the contrary past, present or future. That's a working definition of authoritarianism.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks again. I will try that if I am blocked by my new ISP.

NRA Endowment Member

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast