Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got my SGL21-66

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieAKguy View Post
    Good to know. Nice pistol, if it floats ur boat! Just doesn't float mine, lol. It is a nice score I admit. Makarovs/Tokarevs aren't my thing pistol-wise is all
    You know, Maks weren't really my "thing" either... but this is a very well crafted little gun with an excellent fit, it's comfy in the hand too. Might make a good carry piece with the right holster. I always wanted a walther, but to be honest this little gun might scratch that itch for me... I have to say I was pleasantly surprised...

That being said it could simply be that is' the best 150 bucks I've spent in a while LOL!
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Good point on the money well spent. AKs are about as far as I want to go towards the commie side! LOL. I'll stick with the good 'ol 1911 (cough Taurus cough ) and my plastic fantastics XD and glock. Don't need to add another pistol caliber to the mix. It'll be bad enough on the checkbook ammo wise when I do get an AK!
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Good point on the money well spent. AKs are about as far as I want to go towards the commie side! LOL. I'll stick with the good 'ol 1911 (cough Taurus cough ) and my plastic fantastics XD and glock. Don't need to add another pistol caliber to the mix. It'll be bad enough on the checkbook ammo wise when I do get an AK!
    Here's my extensively Modded "cough Taurus cough"...

Kimber Warrior Grips
    Hand Fit EGW Bushing
    Edbrown Hardcore Firing Pin
    Colt series 80 guts
    Wilson Extended Safety
    Wilson Extended Slide Stop
    Fusion Ejector
    Bear Coat Tactical Flat Black

I rather like it.

And my XD...

Also a little modded...

Nothing wrong with the "commie" guns man. The Soviet union and her allies made some great weapons in their day.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton

Yup, I remember those. Ur Taurus inspired me to get mine 'Koted (pics posted in thread). Like I said, meant no offense, the tokarev/makarov's looks just doesn't do it for me nor does their mag release at bottom of pistol like the europeans. But I do agree you did score an excellent deal with it and in great condition. just razzin'.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

that is a SHARP Arsenal AK47 sir!!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

That is one fine-looking AK! Wow.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    I noticed that after posting the pics last night, so I went back downstairs and took a rag and stuffed it the chamber with the .30 cal brush and whatever it was wiped right off onto the rag, looked like grease or old oil. The chamber ooked like this after...

It's a chrome chamber and bore so I'd be shocked had it actually been rust... Maybe it was just the industrial Russian air? LOL

And I appreciate the rifle comments... but what about that Makarov?!? LOL
    I'd have been surprised if that color in the chamber was anything but a film of oil or grease. Every one of these Russian Arsenal/Saiga rifles I've seen has been in tip-top shape, even the used ones.

Congrats on your civvie Russian Makarov w/ the adjustable sights, too. I just sold mine this past summer after owning it for 6 or 7 years. It was a very nice shooter; it just seemed a little too chunky & heavy to me for a carry piece, and was the only pistol in my collection in that caliber...so I decided to part w/ it. Still a very nice little auto to have for a camp/car gun or home defense. That was a great price you scored it at too; I recall I paid around $200 for mine nib back then.

Yup, I remember those. Ur Taurus inspired me to get mine 'Koted (pics posted in thread). Like I said, meant no offense, the tokarev/makarov's looks just doesn't do it for me nor does their mag release at bottom of pistol like the europeans. But I do agree you did score an excellent deal with it and in great condition. just razzin'.
    Damn those Europeans! I always wondered why they were into the whole "mag release on the bottom of the gun" thing. Did you have the kote job done, or do it yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_Omega33 View Post
    that is a SHARP Arsenal AK47 sir!!
    Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    That is one fine-looking AK! Wow.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    I'd have been surprised if that color in the chamber was anything but a film of oil or grease. Every one of these Russian Arsenal/Saiga rifles I've seen has been in tip-top shape, even the used ones.

Congrats on your civvie Russian Makarov w/ the adjustable sights, too. I just sold mine this past summer after owning it for 6 or 7 years. It was a very nice shooter; it just seemed a little too chunky & heavy to me for a carry piece, and was the only pistol in my collection in that caliber...so I decided to part w/ it. Still a very nice little auto to have for a camp/car gun or home defense. That was a great price you scored it at too; I recall I paid around $200 for mine nib back then.
    Yeah I was pretty sure it was some kind of preservative gunk in there. Also, what did you get for your Mak out of curiosity?
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Thumbs up

Yeah I was pretty sure it was some kind of preservative gunk in there. Also, what did you get for your Mak out of curiosity?
    250 smackers. Basically payed for several years of shooting, free of charge.

Very well done! Nice "toys". You stole the Mak.

Quote Originally Posted by vit View Post
    Very well done! Nice "toys". You stole the Mak.
    Yeah, I have been fondling the hell out of it. I am really getting into that little gun, it is surprisingly well made.
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton

Damn those Europeans! I always wondered why they were into the whole "mag release on the bottom of the gun" thing. Did you have the kote job done, or do it yourself?
    I had someone else do it. I tend not to do stuff like that on my own without some prior experience doing it so I don't screw it up....yes I know I won't learn until I do it myself. Guess I should get some accessories and try it out sometime.

Nope, they look pinned, but I still cannot see how the piston is attached to the bolt. Also, the firing pin is free floating, like a standard AKM. I was figuring that the small bolt stem was a ak-74 thing that got carried across the line.
    That's good to know. I've also seen punch pressing on a couple of different Russian designs. Some of those Tula Krink kits coming have it, the Russky '74 kits that have hit the country have it. Must be a military thing. My old S308 was pinned, but the BCG/piston was punched. I don't know if it's a straight press thing or in combination with a spot welder, but those barrel stubs on that '74 kit had dimples in them from it.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
    That's good to know. I've also seen punch pressing on a couple of different Russian designs. Some of those Tula Krink kits coming have it, the Russky '74 kits that have hit the country have it. Must be a military thing. My old S308 was pinned, but the BCG/piston was punched. I don't know if it's a straight press thing or in combination with a spot welder, but those barrel stubs on that '74 kit had dimples in them from it.
    I have to say that I do very much like the little bumps on the '74 style front site post that protect the windage adjustment.
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12