Thread: So I'm a dirty, filthy, dirty slut....

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation

So I'm a dirty, filthy, dirty slut....

after years of picking up all kinds of crap guns over the course of my "collecting" I had decided I was going to forego the saturday night specials and stick to high-class firearms. Then I found myself in my local shop yesterday and my dealer (pusher) struck my in my weakness with an offer I just couldn't ignore. a LNIB Davis .25 acp derringer and a very nice ( ) jennings j22 at the bargain rate of $100 for the pair. I was helpless, despite my entire soul crying out NO NO my hand thrust itself into my wallet with uncontrollable speed and thrust my credit card down with nearly enough force to break the counter's glass.

The next thing I remember I awoke, sticky and smelling of menthol cigarettes, lying on a bare spring mattress, clutching a bar napkin with nothing but a stranger's phone number scrawed on it. Filled with shame I made my way to a gun auction, just hoping I could redeem myself and forget the relapse.

And that's when I saw it. The primest example of a stallard arms model js I'd ever seen. The father of the mighty Hi-point, ugly as sin and housed in it's factory tupperware. Suddenly my hand flew though the air, off in the distance I hear $50? 60? 70? (I nod) 80? 90? (I nod) 100? 110? I nod yet again, praying that the other bidder will follow suit, that he will just stick it out until I realize my folly and return to pursuing proper guns. But he did not.

Now I sit here, bottle of scotch nearly empty, cold and naked from the hours I spend in the shower trying to wash off the dirt, but I can still feel it on my skin, like a thousand crawling insects....

$50 for a Davis 25 derringer I could probably do, if for no other reason then a conversation piece.
    $50 for a used Jennings....nope wouldn't do that on a new one.
    $110 for a Stallard arms? I would of stopped at $70...but it is another conversation piece

BTW I picked up a Marlin 1895 44 mag today with a Nikon 3x9x40 Nikon prostaff for $480 so if nothing else you got 3 guns to my 1 and spent less

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

It's the real pushers that get me... Buddy: "I'm broke can I sell you my gun?"

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    $50 for a Davis 25 derringer I could probably do, if for no other reason then a conversation piece.
    $50 for a used Jennings....nope wouldn't do that on a new one.
    $110 for a Stallard arms? I would of stopped at $70...but it is another conversation piece

BTW I picked up a Marlin 1895 44 mag today with a Nikon 3x9x40 Nikon prostaff for $480 so if nothing else you got 3 guns to my 1 and spent less
    the stallard was on my list for a while, just because I've seen so few of them (this would be the third). An interesting tidbit about them is that Hi-point honor's their warranty, so if anything happens to go wrong with it they'll fix it for free.

good job on the marlin, I have the sneaking suspicion that they're going to shoot up in price since remlin stopped making them.

LoL wheres the like button ?

Man, you got a sickness... lol
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Cool

Hilarious!!!

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    the stallard was on my list for a while, just because I've seen so few of them (this would be the third). An interesting tidbit about them is that Hi-point honor's their warranty, so if anything happens to go wrong with it they'll fix it for free.

good job on the marlin, I have the sneaking suspicion that they're going to shoot up in price since remlin stopped making them.
    I see quite a few Stallards in Ohio, I guess they were made here (from memory) so they might be more popular.

Yeah. Zinc blowback 45s are sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Yeah. Zinc blowback 45s are sweet.
    it's a 9mm, haskel made the .45

Senior Member Silicon Wolverine's Avatar

the first thing that popped into my mind was fry and the hot beuacrat from futurama getting it on and shes yelling "DIRTY DIRTY BOY!"

SW

Quote Originally Posted by Silicon Wolverine View Post
    the first thing that popped into my mind was fry and the hot beuacrat from futurama getting it on and shes yelling "DIRTY DIRTY BOY!"

SW
    QFMFT!