Thread: My fellow Draco pistoliers, I need a sling.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

My fellow Draco pistoliers, I need a sling.

I've had this Draco now over 6 months. Test fired, cleaned and changed out the hand guards and pistol grip. Just got a sling plate for it but need a sling.

Suggestions? I'll post pics later.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Thanks for all the suggestions...

Pics as promised. I hate the hand guard but it was better than the shitty wood. I will be changing that soon.

I have found a two point sling makes it more stable and accurate (at least for me). I went with a standard AK sling.

Updated pic of the Dracotacticool! Does anyone read this forum?

Last edited by AKTexas; 05-25-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Nice looking AK!

This is the first time I've seen this thread. Last I heard, the Draco was on the back burner.

I use this sling from AIM. I kept wood on my AK, so wanted an OD sling to keep the classic color scheme.
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...een&groupid=85
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Aw what the hell. Here's mine, for shits and giggles.

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I welded a 5" flash hider to mine and swapped the rear with an underfolder.

Most accurate AK i've ever owned and I love the slower cycling.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Can't wait to SBR mine. It would be my first NFA. Unfortunately, I don't know that I could swap rear trunnions; got no rivet equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Nice looking AK!

This is the first time I've seen this thread. Last I heard, the Draco was on the back burner.

I use this sling from AIM. I kept wood on my AK, so wanted an OD sling to keep the classic color scheme.
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...een&groupid=85
    I fell into a good deal after my uncle got his. Now my uncle gave his to his son and bought an Inter Ordnance Hellpup for himself and then bought another Draco for his son in law. We all have AK pistols now. I like that sling, I'm thinking of a two-point sling possibly. I want to SBR and install an ACE style stock. Much easier with access to a lathe at work.

Aw what the hell. Here's mine, for shits and giggles.

Nice set of wood there. But I went for the lego look.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post

I welded a 5" flash hider to mine and swapped the rear with an underfolder.

Most accurate AK i've ever owned and I love the slower cycling.
    WTF no pics?

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

I don't own a Draco and don't expect to, but let me have my twitish moment and make like a penisectomy victim talking about hot tang.

I got a Rocky Mountain Summit tactical sling for my folding stock AK. I ordered it with an HK style hook for one of the ends. It allows you to change from a two point to a single point attachment and is just life changingly wonderful and shit.

Military Arms Channel did a review. Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPAXZ_vo0kM

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    Updated pic of the Dracotacticool! Does anyone read this forum?

Dangerously close to a forward grip on a handgun there. That would make it NFA class if ruled such.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Dangerously close to a forward grip on a handgun there. That would make it NFA class if ruled such.
    In what way? My hand slips through gripping the railed portion. Pistol grip pump shots have them. Mossberg sell such a beast with an 18.5" barrel and pistol grip. Grip is not vertical, angled or ridged. Just a strap loop.

In what way? My hand slips through gripping the railed portion. Pistol grip pump shots have them. Mossberg sell such a beast with an 18.5" barrel and pistol grip. Grip is not vertical, angled or ridged. Just a strap loop.
    I don't know if the strap is legal or not. However, I do know that handgun legalities should not be compared to shotgun legalities, as you can legally slap a real deal front pistol grip on 18.5" shotty with no issue.

I don't know if the strap is legal or not. However, I do know that handgun legalities should not be compared to shotgun legalities, as you can legally slap a real deal front pistol grip on 18.5" shotty with no issue.
    True but look at the Mac clones that offer the front hand strap add on feature.

True but look at the Mac clones that offer the front hand strap add on feature.
    I was pretty sure that was only available on the SMGs. I've never seen one mounted on a pistol, and I was pretty sure it was too close to a front grip.

I wouldn't have brought it up at all, but now thats its already out there I'll just say be careful. I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think the ATF is restricted by the law anyway.

Back to the original topic, what kind of brake are you using on your muzzle? Looks high-tech.
    Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 05-25-2012 at 12:10 PM.

I was pretty sure that was only available on the SMGs. I've never seen one mounted on a pistol, and I was pretty sure it was too close to a front grip.

I wouldn't have brought it up at all, but now thats its already out there I'll just say be careful. I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think the ATF is restricted by the law anyway.

Back to the original topic, what kind of brake are you using on your muzzle? Looks high-tech.
    Midwest industries flash hider looked cool and different than others out there.

Midwest industries flash hider looked cool and different than others out there.
    Oh cool. I just went with an el cheapo Tapco birdcage.

I do agree with that this is a grey area and will remove it just in case.