Thread: Bushmaster Traded for Sar-1

Team Gunsnet Gold 11/2011 pastprime's Avatar

Bushmaster Traded for Sar-1

if someone said they just traded a Bushmaster AR for a Sar-1, some ammo, and extras, what would you say ????

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Bushmaster makes a lot of products. Which one was it?
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastprime View Post
    if someone said they just traded a Bushmaster AR for a Sar-1, some ammo, and extras, what would you say ????
    The guy who wound up with the SAR-1 got the better deal!

It was a 16" medium barrel with a fixed stock...flat top

I just cannot get used to the AR platform......the AK feels better for a short barrel rifle to me...balance is better IMHO...

Well I've got a SAR-1 and not an AR, if that says anything (besides me being poor).
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Lightbulb

I say foolish to trade a 1.5 MOA weapon for a 4 MOA weapon. So the config it was in wasn't to your liking, easy enough to change on the AR. I think in time you will regret the swap. My 2 cents.

I dont know if it was me ...eah I like what I like but I am done trading down .....

I might have traded down to some, but for me it's a draw. I bought this SAR-1 several years ago, put my favorite color on the wood, collected a few extras, and shot it a couple times. Then for a reason I cannot remember, sold it to a local guy. A couple weeks ago I heard he had not even shot it and was looking for an AR-15. So, we got together and traded.

Now this is embarrasing but I cannot remember the name of the scope I put on it. I'm pretty sure I got it from Tantal. I never zeroed it. But, I now have the instuctions; if I could only read Russian. The muzzle was threaded and has two breaks. The bayonet is like new. I'm pretty sure I fired a least a couple rounds from each mag so I have confidence in them.

I guess it's to each his own, but I feel better having the AK than the AR....

Nice gun!

No mods needed on that one!

Finally found the red dot info...as most of you know it's a PK-A...

I had this one pretty much the way I wanted it when I sold it for some reason. See, the good thing about old age is you can't remember why you did things yesterday, so every new day is full of surprises......

Thumbs up

OK now that seems like a decent trade w/ the scope, mags etc. PLUS you knew what it was before the trade( it was yours before!).

I hope the AR was Oly or DPMS, or even better model 1 sales. :

I too find the AKM more "handy" (i'm short) and the AR sights are better than the AK, BUT not as good as the M-14/garand set up... SAR-1 should be about 3" groups at 100 meters type rifle, and that is plenty accurate for a carbine.
    Plus 200 posts or so as IZZY from MN.

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

You did good on that trade.
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I say foolish to trade a 1.5 MOA weapon for a 4 MOA weapon. So the config it was in wasn't to your liking, easy enough to change on the AR. I think in time you will regret the swap. My 2 cents.
    4 MOA that goes "bang" every time is a lot better than 1.5 MOA that may need a kick in the forward assist to chamber the next round...
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by pastprime View Post
    I might have traded down to some, but for me it's a draw. I bought this SAR-1 several years ago, put my favorite color on the wood, collected a few extras, and shot it a couple times. Then for a reason I cannot remember, sold it to a local guy. A couple weeks ago I heard he had not even shot it and was looking for an AR-15. So, we got together and traded.

Now this is embarrasing but I cannot remember the name of the scope I put on it. I'm pretty sure I got it from Tantal. I never zeroed it. But, I now have the instuctions; if I could only read Russian. The muzzle was threaded and has two breaks. The bayonet is like new. I'm pretty sure I fired a least a couple rounds from each mag so I have confidence in them.

I guess it's to each his own, but I feel better having the AK than the AR....
    You got all that for an AR-15? Good deal IMHO.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    You got all that for an AR-15? Good deal IMHO.

+1

and these dont grow on trees like Gay-Ars' do.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Thanks for all the comments - Yea and Nay...

My plan is to replace the PK with an Aimpoint that I have. The PK looks neat but the 50,000+ hours of battery life of the Airpoint wins...This rifle is going to the range once in a while but mostly it will sit in a convenient place ready for whatever.. ......and the more I watch this nation go to shit, I'm afraid the "whatever" is coming sooner than later...

When I sell the Pk I'll use the money to buy a mount for the Aimpoint...I think it will be a suitable combination...

Thanks again for all the input.....
    Hank

was_peacemaker
    I would never trade my SAR-1 for any AR. I am not really going into the AR vs. AK debate here. But, I have carried my SAR-1 in the woods, rain, mud and what not. When working on the farm and having to worry about coyote's, rabid animals, wild packs of dogs, large bobcats, and such. I will feel very comfortable with my SAR-1. For the last 11 years she has been nothing but a work horse. Right now in my area of NC, there have been black bear's popping up within 10-15 miles of the farm. We have honey bee's and a lot of blueberry and black berry rows. Perfect buffet for the bears! LOL

On top of that wild boars are moving closer in. So if I was to need a rifle to deal with farm duties in snow, mud, rain, sleet, or dangerous animals. Keep the Bushy and give me my SAR-1.