Thread: Why do alot of the HK guys get labeled snobs?

was_peacemaker

Why do alot of the HK guys get labeled snobs?

I have seen this online, and heard this term for years. Yet, no one I know who actually owns an HK (real one not a clone) is someone I would call a snob. I mean yeah...they are proud of their mid-80's all German HK-91 hardware, but I don't think I have ever seen an actual HK snob.

I have however been around what I would call high end bolt gun snobs. You know the guy with the 1200 dollar Winchester. Model 70 in .300 Win Mag, with 500 bucks worth of scope on it. I have seen those types at the ranges giving the AK and SKS guys the stare like" Why are these guys here with that commie stuff ?"

Anyway, when did this HK snob thing start?
    Last edited by was_peacemaker; 01-25-2012 at 04:02 PM.

I'd say from the start. It's always been the way HK sold their products, they are better so you're better for using them.

Moderator & Team GunsNet SILVER 11/2010 Tx Dogblaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    I'd say from the start. It's always been the way HK sold their products, they are better so you're better for using them.
    Because you suck and we hate you!!!

Cool

Great question.

IMHO it has more to do with the HK boards, then the company
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    Great question.

IMHO it has more to do with the HK boards, then the company
    Yeah I have heard people having problems with HK boards before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Dogblaster View Post
    In other words yes, some it seems really take it to heart...

Its kind of like telling a woman her deadbeat boyfriend that beats her is no good for her. You can tell her how bad he is, his faults, and that she can do better, but she will just scream at you saying how much she loves him and how perfect he is and just go back for more abuse..

This is the way of the HK fanboys..
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I've run into a few "if it ain't HK it's shit" types. Same as the AR guy that trys to tell you "if it ain't Colt it ain't shit" bunch...

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidus-snake View Post
    Its kind of like telling a woman her deadbeat boyfriend that beats her is no good for her. You can tell her how bad he is, his faults, and that she can do better, but she will just scream at you saying how much she loves him and how perfect he is and just go back for more abuse..

I take it your not an HK fan?

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Every hobby, sport, industry has it's fan bases. I'm sure if you look at skeet and trap shooters if you're not shooting a high dollar Italian over/under you aren't really serious about your sport.

Everyone has their favorites and everyone thinks theirs is the best. Some just take it to extremes. Such is life within the human race.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Every hobby, sport, industry has it's fan bases. I'm sure if you look at skeet and trap shooters if you're not shooting a high dollar Italian over/under you aren't really serious about your sport.

Everyone has their favorites and everyone thinks theirs is the best. Some just take it to extremes. Such is life within the human race.
    DING DING DING DING

But in HK's case, it is because their owner base truly is comprised of asshats.

Anyone who reads this post is (of course) the exception.
    Last edited by gpwasr10; 01-26-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

You gotta love the AR snobs, they sneer at you when you break out the AK, then they think something is wrong with their AR when you shoot tighter groups than they do.
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    You gotta love the AR snobs, they sneer at you when you break out the AK, then they think something is wrong with their AR when you shoot tighter groups than they do.

The only thing that gets me about some of the hardcore AR boys...is that they seem to buy the gun more or less for the tack on accessories than they do the actual gun.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidus-snake View Post

It's the way of all fanboys. Their's is the best and everything else is crap.

Personally I think it has to do with people's need to see themselves as smart. If they were to admit that there are other decent options out there it would mean that their decision to buy whatever wasn't the absolute best course of action.

Its why people loath cheap guns so much, for them to admit that there are serviceable handguns out there that cost less than they spent for their glock or whatever it would mean that they got ripped off for spending twice as much on a gun that doesn't fill it's role twice as well.

That and people are just A-holes who HAVE to be better off than everyone else.

Yea... the biggest part is folks who are say "I Spent $$$$$$" for this or that. LIke it's some kind of notoriety to blow absurd amounts of $$ on something that does the same job something that costs a less amount and toot your horn about it.

Shits the same all across the board, houses, cars, guns...

Some people look down on you if you're not keepin up with the Joneses -
    Fuck them and the high horse they rode in on in the ass.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    It's the way of all fanboys. Their's is the best and everything else is crap.

Personally I think it has to do with people's need to see themselves as smart. If they were to admit that there are other decent options out there it would mean that their decision to buy whatever wasn't the absolute best course of action.

Its why people loath cheap guns so much, for them to admit that there are serviceable handguns out there that cost less than they spent for their glock or whatever it would mean that they got ripped off for spending twice as much on a gun that doesn't fill it's role twice as well.

Yup. If I was to even post about my flawless CETME they'd just act like its worthless and I need to sell It for a G3..
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC