Thread: Super VEPR 308

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Super VEPR 308

I've been thinking about buying a super vepr but I cannot find anything in the way of reviews? Pros? Cons? Etc?
    Likes dislikes???

Mags
    Accuracy???

Anything !??

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

The Super Vepr .308 is a fairly rare rifle, and to be honest I don't remember ever seeing a review on one.

That said, it is on my short list of must buys. I too would like to hear first hand accounts of life with one, and where to get affordable magazines.

I got a super vepr .308. I think I have posted pics of it somewhere in another forum. If you want I can post more pics of it.

I have never had any issues with mine. The only drawback is the weight and the trigger pull. I have ventilated the gas tube on it as the darn thing threw the casings into another zip code. They are very accurate with the right ammo. Mine has shown 1 moa with the nato sniper ammo. Worst 100m grouping I have had was in the 3" area using Sellier Belliot ammo. Another thing, it mess up the spend brass. You can reload them, but they got some bumps and scratches. I full sized some of them and tried them in a Sauer 202. It was impossible to chamber them. There might be individual differences, but I would mark used casing as Vepr only. If I remember right it has a rather slow twist compared to most 308's, I can check that out to be sure.

Feel free to ask any questions...
    Religion... mans victory over common sense...........

Quote Originally Posted by Hedning View Post
    I got a super vepr .308. I think I have posted pics of it somewhere in another forum. If you want I can post more pics of it.

I have never had any issues with mine. The only drawback is the weight and the trigger pull. I have ventilated the gas tube on it as the darn thing threw the casings into another zip code. They are very accurate with the right ammo. Mine has shown 1 moa with the nato sniper ammo. Worst 100m grouping I have had was in the 3" area using Sellier Belliot ammo. Another thing, it mess up the spend brass. You can reload them, but they got some bumps and scratches. I full sized some of them and tried them in a Sauer 202. It was impossible to chamber them. There might be individual differences, but I would mark used casing as Vepr only. If I remember right it has a rather slow twist compared to most 308's, I can check that out to be sure.

Feel free to ask any questions...
    Pics would be nice, if possible.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

I've wanted one for quite some time.

Issues I can see would be expensive mags, and it might be a tad heavy with the wood and heavy barrel.

Other than that? My biggest gripe is I DON'T OWN ONE!

Ill post pics as soon as I can. Im going to Karlstad, Sweden tomorrow. So I wount be able to post anything before Monday or so.
    Religion... mans victory over common sense...........

got an unfired vepr hunter w/side mount 2 mags in orig box looking to move out of the safe