Thread: nighthawk 1911

nighthawk 1911

I am upgrading my firearms collection in the next few weeks and am looking at the nighthawk line. this would be by far the most expensive pistol I have ever owned. just want some feedback on craftsmanship, performance etc. the 2 I was looking at was the ladyhawk 9 MM and heine 10MM. keep in mind the most high end pistol I ever owned was a rock island.

just found a ladyhawk in a gun shop. the only carrier of nighthawk in the area. gonna buy all of my guns here now. they said they can get anything I need so this is my spot. I can get my barrett, scars and all my 1911 under one roof. I got lucky on this one. gonna have to rent a uhaul to get everything home

Angry

found 3 more nighthawks and put them in layaway.

I would avoid 10mm in a 1911 platform generaly.

It's the rails. The way the machine is designed, they are not very large, don't offer a great deal of contact or stability to the slide. These features are fantastic for making the thing reliable in foul conditions while dishing out the round it was made for, the relativly low speed, lower preasure .45acp

The 10mm being a rather high preasure zipper has been know to beat appart the 1911's via violent recoil forces against the gun's parts.

John Browning did make another gun though that has proven to be the basis of some very nice 10mm's, the Browning High Power, which can be had in Tanfoglio Witness flavors. Sweet azzzzz.

And let us not forget what is probably the most popular 10 in America, the Glock 20. That won't shoot itself loose on you. Ted nugent gets groceries with his.

If I was going to invest high dollars into a 1911 patern I'd stick with one of the more popular cliber offerings. But that's just me.

If it warms your heart to hold a machine in your hand that say's "Nighthawk 1911" and "10mm" next to each other, than by all means fire it up!

...oh, & pics when you get t 50 posts.

Welcome aboard!

I don't have a Nighthawk but I do have a high end 1911, a Wilson CQB. I know there is a bit of a sordid history between the two companies but I would imagine the quality and fit and finish is comparable. I wouldn't hesitate to get a nighthawk either.

You will be pleased if it is anything like my CQB.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mousebones View Post
    just found a ladyhawk in a gun shop. the only carrier of nighthawk in the area. gonna buy all of my guns here now. they said they can get anything I need so this is my spot. I can get my barrett, scars and all my 1911 under one roof. I got lucky on this one. gonna have to rent a uhaul to get everything home
    A U-Haul, that is funny. My wife and I are looking at moving to the DC area from Washington state sometime in the next year. She was telling me that I need to figure out another way to move my weapons so that we don't have to rent a U-Haul just for them!

BTW, welcome to the board!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

DON'T GET IT! (imo)

I bought a Warthog pistol a few years ago and it was a serious pain in my ass. I finally got it to feed 50 rounds consecutively and considered that my green light to sell it guilt free.

Seriously, the damn thing wouldn't feed ONE round for a long time. Replacing all the springs and manually breaking it in by hand was all I could do. It took around 700 rounds to get it working right and by the time I did, all the black painted finish had fallen off. The worst part is that gun cost me $800 back in 2008. Thats like $1000 now. Fucking ParaOrd...
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

the only 1911 I have in 10MM is the colt delta elite. the others are 2 glock 20's baby glock 29 and a S&W 610 revolver. the revolver can also shoot .40.I did shoot the ladyhawk. put 2 mags through it. very short trigger pull. light but not too much. a little narrower than my other 1911's.

Quote Originally Posted by mousebones View Post
    the only 1911 I have in 10MM is the colt delta elite. the others are 2 glock 20's baby glock 29 and a S&W 610 revolver. the revolver can also shoot .40.I did shoot the ladyhawk. put 2 mags through it. very short trigger pull. light but not too much. a little narrower than my other 1911's.
    How do you like the Delta Elite?

haven't shot it yet.