Thread: looking for the best ak for the money

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile looking for the best ak for the money

hi my name is Chris, i am new to the site and looking for all info i can gather before buying my first ak. since this will be my first purchase of an ak i am all but ignorant when it comes to them. there is quite a few i have found, but none have sold me. i know there is one with which i will be pleased i just need a push in the right direction. i am looking for an ak that is chrome lined and uses all ak 47 mags and they don't feel like they are loosely in there. some options will cancel out other options so if i get a better barrel that's not chrome lined and gain a better trigger etc.this would change my mind on options. my main concern is finding one that the mags fit tightly. i saw this one on gun broker http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=271816880 it is built on a century arms and i have read that they are 50/50 when it comes to reliability. my budget is around 700 maybe more but i am also getting a browning 7mm the 700 does not include my budget for my optics. i would appreciate any and all advice. thanks in advance.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

Try this sticky: http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...-ak-collection

And check the various forums and their stickies for ideas.

For $700, a Norinco MAK-90 would make a great choice, with money left over for ammo.

By the way, the nice thing about the 7.62x39 AK/AKM is that they all use a common mag no matter who made the rifle. Any military issue steel mag will work in any 7.62x39 variant.

thanks for the tip, i think i found me a mak 90 on gun broker. i am putting in a bid on it and we will see what happens soon. thanks again and i will get some pics of it up here soon if i win it.

Why not buy one from the Original AK maker, Russia?

SGL-21

^ This one is mine.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...39+5RD+MAG+BLK
    ^This one can be yours.

After researching the crap out of it, I found that this was (Far and away) the very best bang for the buck (Other then buying a Siaga AK and doing the conversion yourself. Which for about $200.00 over the cost of doing it yourself, I'd just as soon have Arsenal do it and get a warrenty). This SGL-21 is as close as you will get to a real AK-103 in the United States.
    Last edited by gpwasr10; 01-31-2012 at 12:54 PM.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

well i didnt win my bid on the mak 90 but after doing some research on the sgl 21 i think that i might look into them more. i am so glad i have asked this question on here as i had not heard of these 2. mainly all i have seen was the century arms and a few others. between these 2 recommendations and the sticky thread i think in the next 2 weeks i will know what i want fore sure. thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by chrisalisa5 View Post
    well i didnt win my bid on the mak 90 but after doing some research on the sgl 21 i think that i might look into them more. i am so glad i have asked this question on here as i had not heard of these 2. mainly all i have seen was the century arms and a few others. between these 2 recommendations and the sticky thread i think in the next 2 weeks i will know what i want fore sure. thanks again
    You came to the right place for sure man. LOL, no where else on the web can you find AK nutjobs in the sheer amount that you can here. There is nothing wrong with a Romy WASR10 (unless you luck out and find a good deal on a Romanian SAR-1, those are extar sweet) in all honesty, they have Chrome bores, robust, and while a little on the "rough" side, they can be prettied up. But for a couple hundred more.... you can get an SGL-21... Operationally they are about the same, but the SGL is alot prettier and has a much better trigger and has the AK 100 features.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton