Thread: What's my SGL31 worth? Thinking of selling it.

Guns Network Contributor 09/2011

What's my SGL31 worth? Thinking of selling it.

I have a SGL31 with black furniture and a spare plum set so 2 options on furniture color. I've ran around 2000 rounds through it and taken great care of it. I just got a SGL21-94 and now I want a SGL31-94 so my current 31 must go to help pay for the new rifle. Any idea of a fair price to ask? It is in extremely good condition. The only noticeable wear is some discoloration on the muzzle brake. Here are some pics. Kashtan and bayonet not included.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6715387...7629164779067/

BTW, the third pic is the 21 not the 31.
    Last edited by Joeroe; 02-04-2012 at 12:55 AM.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

I'll be honest and say I don't know enough about AKs in general to give an opinion. All I could suggest is check gunbroker or gunsamerica, or other auction type site/search and try to find as close to what you have as possible and see what some are going for?
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

That's where I started but most of the listings were new and others had ammo and magazines included. I'll have to keep a look out and see if more come up. I think most people want to keep them since they are great rifles. If mine had a Russian sidefolder I would never get rid of it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

$675-$800 Low/high end.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Thanks. I'll probably go somewhere in the middle then.