Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assembled .22LR SBR upper today.

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Assembled .22LR SBR upper today.

If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

4.5" barrel? Where did you get it?
    Dave
    Independent Field tester/Research and Developement

"Better to die for something than live for nothing"
    MOLON LABE

6" CMMG barrel.

Haven't gotten it to go "bang" yet, apparently a Timney trigger isn't a good combo with CMMG. Found a fix that has worked for others though. Filed away half the striking surface of the firing pin. Should work next time.

It's getting a Liberty Kodiak suppressor when the papers clear.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

i had a suppressed 4" setup for mine. cool but FILTHY.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

...so sick!
    видеодон

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Made me LOL. Congrats on the super shorty!

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Looks even funnier with the full stock, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by nfa1934 View Post
    Looks even funnier with the full stock, doesn't it?
    Yes, the contrast between the full sized fixed stock and the stubby front end is humerous at first glance. Once you screw the can on it, should look more balanced in proportions.

Test fired today, still not setting off the round. Filed away a little more material and cut a coil off the firing pin spring. I've been testing it on a spent case I picked up at the range. Seems to be getting a good hit now. I really need a way to test this in the basement, it's going to take months if I have to keep going to the range just to drop the hammer on this thing one time.

I did pick up a used MK III Ruger today (not 22/45). Paid a little much, but it's practically new and it has a speed strip kit installed (the main reason I bought it). Plus, Ruger .22 pistols have been scarce around here lately. Paid $350. Planning to give it a Volquartzen trigger kit and disabling the magazine safety, just like my 22/45. Also thinking about swapping the receiver for a Pac-Lite. Not really wanting this pistol for myself (like my 22/45 better), my stepdaughter has taken a liking to shooting my .22s, so I'm planning to set this one up for her. She loves shooting my 22/45 suppressed!

Duct tape a bunch of magazines or phone books together. When you get about 10 " of it you'll have plenty of stopping power. I've shot my carbine Uzi and my Glock 19 into such a bundle and it only goes in 2 to 3 inches at the most. Dry paper is pretty effective at stopping smaller rounds. I would NOT shoot it with a rifle round however.

Duct tape a bunch of magazines or phone books together. When you get about 10 " of it you'll have plenty of stopping power. I've shot my carbine Uzi and my Glock 19 into such a bundle and it only goes in 2 to 3 inches at the most. Dry paper is pretty effective at stopping smaller rounds. I would NOT shoot it with a rifle round however.
    Single test shots of .22 will now take place in my garage (when my suppressor gets back from factory service). Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nfa1934 View Post
    Single test shots of .22 will now take place in my garage (when my suppressor gets back from factory service). Thanks!
    You're welcome, I call it the Poor Man's Bullet Trap. When I built my dedicated .22 LR upper I tested function this way before I drove 45 minutes one way to a range. Nice to know it will not only go off but cycle the weapon. For .22LR don't be hesitant to try multiple loaded rounds in the mag to check function / feeding. I would suggest moving your point of aim around every 10 shots to spead out the damage so you don't chew a hole through the bundle. Renew front mags or phone books as needed.

I have a 5 gal. bucket filled with sand I test fire into.
    Dave N
    Independent Field tester/Research and Developement

"Better to die for something than live for nothing"
    MOLON LABE

Got my suppressor back from service yesterday and test fired the AR in the garage today. It finally works! Only fired one shot into a stack of catalogs taped together (was still a little loud, probably a little loud for a townhouse, but no neighbors are home and it was still hearing safe). Fired the round, ejected, and fed the next with no problem. Can't find the case, would like to see what kind of mark the firing pin left.

Thumbs up

Sounds promising.

Found the case. Smaller dent than I expected, but it went bang. Mostly wanted to make sure the firing pin didn't pierce.

Looked at the stack of catalogs too. Used CCI 40gr segmented subsonic HP. Penetrated around an inch. Bullet completely came apart. Nice round hole for a half inch. Second half inch looked more like a cut that the bullet was smeared through.
    Last edited by nfa1934; 05-19-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Put on a suppressor (Thompson Machine Poseidon) and longer handguards that partially cover the suppressor. Doesn't look as silly now.

Talking

Not sissy but very dildoesque a.k.a. Phalic. I think this thread needs to be moved to the Road House!

Gonna gunkote the suppressor a nice flesh tone.

That's what my wife said on our wedding night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast