Thread: Back from Afghanistan, taking new gun pics.

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Back from Afghanistan, taking new gun pics.

New additions and new modifications.

If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Man you have the coolest toys ......and that 1911 is ....

FUCKING SWEET !

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up

I like them all especially that Ed Brown. What grip panels are those on it, they look like maple.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I am with Richard! Very nice!!

The grips on the Ed Brown are maple by Brown Custom Grips (no association with Ed Brown). Went into the gun shop Friday after arriving home Thursday night. Was looking for a single-stack 1911. Looked at the Ed Brown and three Colts, including a Gold Cup. Kept going back to the Brown.

The grips I added really have a lot of depth that doesn't come through in a pic. Almost like a nice Gibson Les Paul with a figured maple top. Really three dimensional.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

welcome home! and nice additions there. especially the aforementioned 1911

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

What kind of can is on that AR?
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Someone went on a post deployment shopping spree! Jealous...
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    What kind of can is on that AR?
    The can is a YHM Phantom 7.62. I use it for both 7.62 and 5.56. The upper on the rifle is an 8" .300 BLK. The upper above it in the same pic is a 10.5" 5.56. The same rifle is in the pic above with a 6" .22 LR upper. The base rifle isn't new (except for a Timney trigger and an SBR tax stamp), but the uppers are. It cost me less to assemble all three uppers myself than it was going to cost for just the .300 BLK alone if I'd bought an assembled upper.

The 22/45 isn't new, but has new grips (redwood) a Volquartzen accurizing kit, and a Majestic speed strip kit.

The Ed Brown is new.

I'm also doing a lot of work on my first pistol, a Para P-14. Replaced all the internals with Cylinder & Slide. Spent part of yesterday fitting the thumb safety. Feels like a new pistol! The experience of doing a detail strip of a 1911 and fitting the new parts myself was very satisfying. I am sending it out for new sights (the current night sights are dead) since I don't have the tools to do the millwork for the Novaks I want. Going to get the slide and frame refinished in Roguard while I'm at it (not happy with the current finish, frame is anodized and slide is black teflon). Going to leave the controls and MSH stainless.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Cool coolness. No doubt.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~