Thread: How Not To Play with Munitions

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post How Not To Play with Munitions

Friday, Feb. 03, 2012

Scrappers took truckloads of munitions

Feds say hole was cut in fence at Camp Shelby

By ROBIN FITZGERALD - rfitzgerald@sunherald.com

GULFPORT -- Five Coast men used two pickup trucks to scavenge anti-tank rounds from Camp Shelby for scrap metal a few days before one of the rounds exploded in Gulfport, a federal agent testified Friday.

One of the five, Jimmy Lee Wilson, told agents he had cut a hole through a fence to reach the firing range by truck, and said he had been scrapping projectiles from Camp Shelby for 20 to 25 years, the agent said.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.sunherald.com/2012/02/03/...munitions.html

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Question

He said they found 51 complete or partial 84-mm AT4 rounds -- armor-piercing military munitions not available for personal or commercial use.
    Are there not any serf owned AT4's ???
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Oh for God's sake - one of my family names (my Mother is from that area) is Wilson. That JImmy Lee Wilson might be a cousin or somenthing...
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    After that explosion does he sit in a corner most of the day playing with his bottom lip and make choo choo noises?

We found a lot of shells in the desert near White Sands and I will gar-on-tee we didn't pick one up unless we could code it and be assured it wasn't explosive. Those we mapped and let the EOD guys take care of. We had a lot of 75, 90 and 120MM shells that must have been there since WWII. Door stops, lamps, and ballast for our trunks when we went up into the mountains to play in the snow. It was hard to walk very far without running into some. There were two ranges we didn't go into because almost all of the shells on the ground were unexploded ordnance.

Those boys must have been pure nuts.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Senior Member Silicon Wolverine's Avatar

ill file this one under play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

SW

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Are these rounds that didn't detonate or are they stored openly? I'm guessing the former...I hope...