Thread: I have a question about the curio&Relic ???

I have a question about the curio&Relic ???

I was wondering what does,"Curio n Relic" mean andi was curious if my nagant revolver and the rifles falls under the catagory????

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Q: What is a firearm curio or relic?

Firearm curios or relics include firearms which have special value to collectors because they possess some qualities not ordinarily associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of the following categories:

1.Have been manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof; or
    2.Be certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; or
    3.Derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or from the fact of their association with some historical figure, period, or event.
    [27 CFR 478.11]

reference - http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/curi...tml#definition

The link below has the lists of C&R firearms issued by the BATFE. Typically if you can prove by serial number the firearm is at least 50 tears old it would be considered a C&R.

http://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/curios-relics/

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Thanks for the help,my nagant revolver is like 75 years old,my 91/30 is 70 years old,and my m44 carbine is 65 years old.The only question is i looked the curio n relic list and i did't see anything about my chinese norinco sks.It was made in 1958?