Thread: Mercy mercy mercy

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

Mercy mercy mercy

Like half a Christmas today. I ordered 2 boxes of 25-20 last September, (they come in boxes of 50 but cost $70 by the time you pay tax) so I only order what I can afford without breaking into a heavy sweat and going into convulsions.

I got one box in today 15 weeks after I ordered them. My two toy store men just cannot find any supplier they deal with who has any. $1.40 everytime I drop the hammer and send a little 86 grain bullet down range. My 300 Wby is half that price and it sends 180 grains screaming down range with some kick ass get up and go. My shoulder prefers the little bullet though. If only I had known I was going to be able to get this gun 40 years ago I could have bought the stuff for around $23 a box and I thought it was expensive as all get out then.

Well at least now I have enough brass I can start reloading but another 100-150 cases sure would have made me feel better. I know I'm not the only one shooting this stuff so why oh why is it so dad blamed hard to get hold of?

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

last smaller gunshow I went to a guy had 25-20 for around $.20 a round. older stuff but was well kept.

some in yellow boxes.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Wish I would have known. I gave 2 boxes away to a friend and he gave them to one of his friends. Shiny brass but the projectiles were loose in most of them. Had no idea they were worth that much.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Back when I ordered my 25-20 Ammo to go was on back order and Midway had nothing. Last time I checked they had 1 box in stock,.

last smaller gunshow I went to a guy had 25-20 for around $.20 a round. older stuff but was well kept.

some in yellow boxes.
    Oh man don't tell me things like that, it breaks me little heart.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.