Thread: New Glock 19 Generation 4

New Glock 19 Generation 4

Picked up a new G19 Gen 4, its pretty sweet. I have a gen 3 G19 and have carried it for about 2 years now, its been my right arm since I got it. I haven't been able to take it to the range just yet, today was a pretty busy day. But I just got done installing a 3.5 lb trigger and the large back strap. The back strap idea is cool and a nice plus compared to other generation Glocks. Paid $635.99 OTD, and came with 3 mags instead of the traditional 2. With the large back strap it feels like a 1911 fused with Glock to me. I'll also give a range report when I get to shoot it. Considering a .40 cal next.

Trying to post a pic from my phone, we'll see if this works. If it does the Gen 4 is on the left.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Not too shabby. Does the 3.5lb disconnect make an appreciable difference from stock? I thought on and off about maybe upgrading from my G21SF to a Gen 4. It'll depend on a fit test to see if one of the replaceable backstraps will fit better than the SF. Unfortunately the go-to place I go to handle what I'm interested sells out of them as soon as they get them in. No biggie, got stuff to pay off before the youngin' gets here and plenty capable with my SF at the moment.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

I rock the 3.5 lb triggers in both glocks and like the difference. With the threaded barrel and 3.5 lb trigger I've been able to hit targets at 100y on good days. But the lighter trigger helps increase the speed of my follow up shots with the generation 3 glock 19. The only thing negative is I wouldn't put it in a sub compact gun. Did that with a G26 and it bump fired on me a few times due to the smaller grips and lack of space for the hands. But for the larger frame its the way to go. Congrats on your child on the way, have you found out the sex of the baby yet? We just had a girl and she rocks, she's so cool, even with so little sleep lol.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

I might have to try one one of these days. As for the baby we are having a girl as well.....but there is always that slim chance the sonogram lady is wrong, lol. Wife has one more sonogram and it'll be confirmed 100%.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson