Thread: changing my PAP

changing my PAP

Ok, so u all know that the zastava pap is a bland plain jane nothing akm... so i decided to do some modifications

bought a utg mtu011 quad rail

after the utg

decided to thread the barrel

install a flash supressor(RJF)

fashioned a bracket for the new stock

finished product...

still need a few things

double stack bolt
    few magazines
    pistol grip bolt

next mod is side mount scope mount and standard romy dust cover
    "Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking"
    Bill Maher

Supressor looks sharp, but doesn't adding that make it non compliant? How did the UTG go on easy? I think the original stock looked better on it, but to each their own.

The suppressor is us made, by red jacket firearms. The. Utg was pretty easy, hardest part was the upper handguard removal
    Bill Maher

Even if it is US made I thought it took it out of the "sporting" class just by adding it, then you have to have a minimum of 6 US parts on it...idk 922 is confusing sometimes. If it's legal I'll be ordering one for sure looks sharp on there. Thanks for the pics!

i mean, i paid 10 bucks for it through brownells i believe. its really nice, and really well made. i had it on an adapter for teh barrel, and it didnt work for crap, so i threaded barrel. Which if anyone is interested id be happy to sell tat and die from the threading. But in reality, i have added several "us" made parts to the gun, UTG quad rail, us made cleaning rod, us made pistol grip bolt and us made sight... but id be happy to know more if the flash supressor is not 922... i dont know 100%
    Bill Maher

Did the die fit on the barrell with no problems? I researched a thread job (could only find one on a Saiga) and they guy had to cut a barrell shroud to thread it. Also did you replace the front sight post with a lock pin version, or just use some high strength thread sealant to lock er down tight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Even if it is US made I thought it took it out of the "sporting" class just by adding it, then you have to have a minimum of 6 US parts on it...idk 922 is confusing sometimes. If it's legal I'll be ordering one for sure looks sharp on there. Thanks for the pics!
    Put this in the gereral firearm forum and you will get an answer!
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Did the die fit on the barrell with no problems? I researched a thread job (could only find one on a Saiga) and they guy had to cut a barrell shroud to thread it. Also did you replace the front sight post with a lock pin version, or just use some high strength thread sealant to lock er down tight?
    the die fit perfectly, as did the tat. all you have to do is progres, then back off, then progress over and over till its done. I really didnt have any issues. And i installed a new pin by removing the front sight block front pin, inserting spacer(the hole is deeper than on romys and the like) then spring, then pin. it went pretty well
    Bill Maher

??

Quote Originally Posted by greeenie View Post
    The suppressor is us made, by red jacket firearms. The. Utg was pretty easy, hardest part was the upper handguard removal
    how did you get the top handguard off i can't get it to budge