Thread: probably the incorrect forum to post in?

probably the incorrect forum to post in?

as the thread implies,probably the wrong forum,but i figure most here may have an opinion.
    i have had fits with the tokarev my son gave me(long story)going into the river hopefully never to be seen again!
    i had a taurus pt-92 years ago in 9mm(lost due to divorce)but i really liked the 9mm cartridge in a pistol.
    i have always been a revolver guy(.357) but now as a hd weapon..i have a smith 645(nothing but problems as well.)
    my kid gave me his tok213 that i had shot and liked it alot,now it is a major prob but i am bit by the 9 bug.
    i want a low cost 9 that is reliable and fun to shoot..why i like 9mm..the .45 is fun but it is a tank and unreliable to say the least...not to mention it is heavy recoil wise for the g/f...even though it is a heavy gun.
    i am looking at a ruger p-95,and a taurus 809,i will buy one this week,have done alot of research on both,i hear alot of bad things about taurus,customer service,etc. vut the pt-92 never failed me so i cant speak to that.
    i like the ruger but hear it is impossible to carry concealed(not my priority)but i also hear ruger is somewhat anti 2nd in some respects.
    i want a reliable 9 that goes bang everytime..
    any input on these 2 guns..i have pretty much settled on these 2 due to a price point(kid in college..lol)
    thanks in advance.
    please dont bring in the s/a 1911 types autos,i am used to and comfortable with d/a-s/a guns..too old to retrain with..goes back to revolvers i suppose.
    thanks again!

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

....i also hear ruger is somewhat anti 2nd in some respects.
    In fairness to today's Ruger, that is no longer true. Bill Ruger, who has now passed, was the turd who said we needed no magazine with a capacity of over 10 rounds.

Finally all of the family has been bought out and Ruger, the company, is now making guns people might want to buy.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

I moved this from GD since that forum is specifically labeled NON-GUN.

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

IMO the Ruger has both the better rep and design. It's also American made which gives US workers a job.
    Last edited by mriddick; 02-10-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    IMO the Ruger has both the better rep and design. It' alos American made which gives US workers a job.
    thank you..
    i appreciate your input/help..def leaning towards the ruger,as i said,carry is not much of an issue,,i have a snubby for that.

Sale them all, buy either a S&W M&P, a Springfield XD9, a Ruger SR9, or better yet a Glock in 9mm and never look back!

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by dishman View Post
    thank you..
    i appreciate your input/help..def leaning towards the ruger,as i said,carry is not much of an issue,,i have a snubby for that.
    where are you at in PA? I have a newer style P-95 that I may get rid of, as it doesn't like the steel cased ammo I tried in it (S&B)

Team GunsNet Bronze 02/2014

I would definatly go with the Ruger!!! Although I like their SR9 better than their P series... much more concealable! Also the Glock works Great for almost everybody!Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    where are you at in PA? I have a newer style P-95 that I may get rid of, as it doesn't like the steel cased ammo I tried in it (S&B)
    not a ringing endorsement..lol..i am in eastern pa.
    i am interested if price is right..want a tok213..i will give it to you if you give me a decent price?
    i was looking for new but will entertain used.
    pm me if you want to sell..i am interestrd//wanted new in box..but if yuo have a decent gun for a decent price in pa. i will consider it.
    Last edited by dishman; 02-11-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
    I would definatly go with the Ruger!!! Although I like their SR9 better than their P series... much more concealable! Also the Glock works Great for almost everybody!Good Luck
    i dont carry much,my exsperiance is if you carry..you run into folks that carry...i prefer fistfights over gunplay..lol..just my 2 cents..not to disparge ccw...i believe in that..i just dont like to carry...but come on my property..lol..you better carry heavy.
    ....not looking for a carry gun...just want to know if the ruger is better or worse then the taurus 809...from people with more experiance then me.