Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Benefits of coffee

Glasses are expensive but we need them so what are ya going to do? I am so glad you are finally getting to shoot.

Spring continues to be indecisive snow and cold one day, sunshine and 78 degrees the next. Both ground hogs were right... late spring early all shuffled together.
    Last edited by kathy; 03-30-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Finally got the Walkers dirty and apart for cleaning. What a wrestling match, needed two hammers, a screw driver, a pair of pliers and a roll of duct tape. First time taking a new Walker apart is not for the puny or muscle challenged. Shooting them one handed is a challenge but doable. Do Not ask me how I know and about the pain pills I took to get to sleep that night. That will learn me or maybe not.

Found this for you Kathy, I figured you would get a kick out of it after some of the characters you have had to deal with lately.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...54944181_n.jpg

We need more Alan Wests, Ron Pauls and Kathy Browns in office to make this picture not true.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Thsnks OG... Im working overtime to get Wayne Winsley elected and Rosa DeLauro RETIRED...

Glad you are getting so much done this year, this spring will be a goo one for you. Ive got half my garden turned by hand. Raised beds are in the plans too. My new sweetheart daughter in law wants to grow some things in the garden here as well. It will be fun.

I will post pictures when we get something to look at growing.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Update: Heather found Nathan in his room lying face down on the floor halfway out of his bed. He was cold and in rigor. The medical examiner stated she thought he had been gone at least 10 to 12 hours. Initial theory is he has a seizure and complications from that killed him. We will learn more after the autopsy. He was 21 years old.

He was a special needs kid growing up. He had a Trachea his first 7 years of life. His airway was reconstructed with cartilage, but he couldn't talk above a whisper. Half his diaphragm was paralyzed after nicking a nerve when removing a cyst as an infant. He aspirated food into his lungs and in 2008 we had to drain three infectious masses from his brain. The seizure may be related to that procedure. Funny it manifested 4 years later. He never seized before.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Terrible News BTCave, may he rest peacefully in Gods loving arms. My prayers for Heather as well, that could not have been easy for her.

My most heartfelt Condolences to you all.

I just read about your loss in another post BT. My heart sunk.... Im so sorry for your loss. I hope and beleieve he is in good hands where he is now.
    Religion... mans victory over common sense...........

I wonder how BT is doing..... I hope they find a way to enjoy life again. While Im here, I hope your son is doing ok Kathy....

Have a great one everybody..

We are doing fine right now. I just mowed my 2 acres of field. Heather and Nathans twin sister Sarah are shopping for clothes to wear next weekend for the "Celebration of Life" at the family church. Later we will bury his ashes at the Hettman family cemetery. He was my step-son the last 12 years, that is why his last name was Hettman and not Cave. The twins were 10 years old when I married their mother.

Heather has been keeping herself busy getting a slide presentation together to Nathans music. The minister said he had no problem with that kind of music in his church. It's pretty hard stuff.

My step-father will be doing the ceremony. He is a retired episcopalian minister. One of the most noble and nicest man I have ever met. His words will resonate with all of us.

80 degrees F here today. Unusually warm for this time of year. I'm sure the rain will be back soon.

Good to hear your are doing ok BT. Best wishes to you and your family...

80F huh??! I wish... been snowing and raining here. But we`ll get there.

Coffee has been determined to stave off Prostate Cancer in some studies. I drink a pot a day (10 cup), I used to drink it all day, but a pot is plenty.

Good... I should be pretty safe. Pot and a half per day.... and a couple glasses with my friend Jack Danieldsen.

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

Quote Originally Posted by WOD View Post
    Coffee has been determined to stave off Prostate Cancer in some studies. I drink a pot a day (10 cup), I used to drink it all day, but a pot is plenty.
    It's also good for respiration.

BT, so sorry to hear about the loss of your son, My prayers for your family

Yep... coffee will save us all. (at least we can believe it)

Guess what! My candidate was call by the Romney campaign and invited to the convention. We are going to WIN!

Seems like your "stuff" goes the right way Kathy. Do you get any time to relax and just sit back watching the ants rush by?

Has anyone heard from OG lately? I havent been able to reach him.

The green winter is here and I hate it. Freezing point, rain and wind is not my favorite kind of weather. Besides that everything is kind of normal over here.

Have a great one

I have not heard from OG. I hope hes not having too much fun with out us, or at least telling us about it.

The 2ND Amendment Rally today... My candidate.

I won't be around for a little while longer. Mom had a stroke a couple of weeks ago and with her other problems there was nothing else that could be done except to make her comfortable. She passed away at 0530 hours this morning and now its transport to Rhinelander and funeral. She will be laid to rest in Rhinelander next to dad who passed away in 1957 a week before Christmas. They are together again after a long separation.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

I am so sorry OG my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Thanks to everybody but especially btcave, Hedning and you since I'm closer with you guys. Dust is settling and we are settling back to a little more normal routine. funeral will be in Rhinelander where she will be finally reunited with dad. My two nurse sisters have taken the brunt of the grunt work, biker brother does most of the running, I will be doing the service. It will be family only so expecting a small turn out since most of the family moms age are long since passed on. Her last living sister, (90) is in a nursing home and is no longer aware of her surroundings. At least we all had a chance to say goodby, it was expected and it was peaceful, you can't ask for more than that.

THUCYDIDES.

Cool OG. Again, condolences.

We did the memorial for Nathan a couple of weeks ago and 200 people showed up. This weekend we are interning Nathans ashes to the family plot. A small immediate family event. Picnic afterwards... or pizza if the weather don't hold. My wife and I spent a wonderful weekend hiking in central Oregon. We had dinner with an Army friend who lives there with his Swiss wife. He and his wife drove 4 hours to go to Nathan's memorial and the 4 hours back to his house in one day, just to support us. I love that man. We treated him and his wonderful wife to a very nice dinner in Bend, OR yesterday. A very nice weekend.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast