Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Benefits of coffee

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    My uncle gave us moose steaks from Alaska back in '97. I wasn't too impressed, though I may have not cooked it right as I was still young and stupid. Now that I'm old and stupid, I can say for sure that elk and rural venison (as opposed to mountain venison) are my favorites. I've never been impressed with deer taken from deep in the conifer forests of Oregon. The one I shot off my back deck last year was amazing. I'm making venison taco meat as I type this.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedning View Post
    Cardamon.... Should that be cardaMOM or is there two kinds? I know cardamom very well. Used in a lot of cookies and stuff here in Norway.

Did you get my mail OG? I hope so.

Two days and Im off into the bush chasing moose.....
    Dang...it is cardamom...!

Diesel 88888888

Back from the bush. We got 8 out of 10 moose. The season lasts untill X-mas, so we will get them. I shot two myself. One bull and one cow. No big ones.

BT, moose meat got to be treated right to be any good. You got to let it hang long enough to scare your neighbours. The thumb rule is 40 day/degrees. That means if you got days with a temp of 5 degrees celcius you can let the meat hang for 8 days. But 40 day/degrees aint enough. We usually let it hang for 80-100 day/degrees. Especially if the animal was big. Calves does not need that kind of treatment. And when you cook moose meat you got to like bloody steaks. Moose meat got no fat. Nothing at all. If you put it on a bbq you better be fast as Bob Munden to get it out of there fast enough. Otherwise you will get something dry and awfully bad tasting stuff. My favorite recipe is a 2-3 pound steak wrapped in tin foil together with pepper, salt, juniper berries, red wine and herbs. But first you got to heat up your frying pan to hot as hell. A good portion of good butter, and then fry the steak just to get a dark brown surface on it. That keeps the juices inside the meat while you cook it in the oven. Put a termometer in the steak so you can read the core temperature. Use low heat on the oven. About 100 C. When the core reaches 65 C its ready. Take it out and let it rest for 20 minutes before you cut it. Enjoy.....
    Religion... mans victory over common sense...........

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Thanks Hedning! Sounds good.

No deer yet. 3 weeks left in the season.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

We are all some lazy bastards aren`t we??? I have been extremely bad at vissiting this site lately. Too bad.

Not much happening over here. Still working with Americans. Will do for like 2 more years. Great guys..

How is your whereabouts? Any snow? Naked girls? (Sorry Kathy, I dont care much about naked boys), new cars, new jobs, new guns..... Sit rep.. over.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Not lazy so much as burnt out, This last election and getting ready for winter kind of took it out of me, I know Kathy has been busier than a rabbit trying to herd cats into a dog cage. I'd like to know how her candidate done but her being in Connecticut I am afraid to look. Hopefully when our scars heal a little we will all come back. Snowed a couple of times but didn't stay. Supposed to get cold and nasty next week while I'm hunting...naturally. Sure hope they are wrong.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Truly, nectar of the g-ds.

Diesel 88888888

Here is a man who really really needs a cup of coffee.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

OOOF.... I tried that once. Made my d..... shrink to the size of a medium sledge hammer.....

Diesel 88888888

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post

Diesel 88888888
    Don't encourage him, he meant to say small tack hammer and then it shrunk. Now if he had been a Swede the sledge hammer would have been plausible.

THUCYDIDES.

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    thats funny shit grump, funny shit

http://www.funnieststuff.net/viewmovie.php?id=2998

I think I was related to at least 3 of those old ladies. Grandma would have been beating on him with the umbrella. My Aunt Dorothy would have been pepper spray and big purse, my sister would have been little purse and a little kicking thrown in. None of them over 5' tall and I could see them in that situation.

THUCYDIDES.

One of the Americans at work send that link to me a while ago. That is so funny. I wish he got that on tape!!!!!! A love his laughter......

And whaaaaaat OG?!!? Doesn`t your equipment shrink in cold water?? Well, maybe not to the size of a sledge hammer. But at least to the size of a German dinner sausage.....

I used to swim in cold water because where I grew up that's all there was, spring fed lakes in the north woods. Since I hurt my back it became a no - go because the cold would set off back spasms that would probably end up drowning me. When I got older I swam in the ocean and Lake Michigan and that wasn't very warm either which might be why all the surfers were wearing wet suits. Then I got to swim in the warm waters of the Caribbean and off Grande Island in the Philippines. Holy moly it was like swimming in a heated pool. Only equipment I worried about was being able to find the spot on the beach where I had buried my beer, hot dogs and ice. Nothing like swimming till you are plumb wore out then making a little fire on the beach, baking a potato in the fire, eating hot dogs off a stick and drinking cold beer till the wee hours of the morning. Having to go back aboard ship was a bummer but for a few hours we were human again.

THUCYDIDES.

When I was 15 I worked in a summer camp in New Hampshire one year, built a sweat lodge with poles, tarps and some blankets, heated up rocks; put the rocks inside, climbed in with a jug of water, closed up and threw some water on the hot stones...kept doing it as long as I could stand it before running out and jumping into the small mountain lake outside! The instant my toes hit the water I 'came alive' and can to this day remember the inch by inch emersion...Have seldom been more invigorated in my life...continued to do it many times that summer and many years thereafter. Don't care much for ocean swimming or 'dirty' lake dips.

Thinking of Sweeds and water I have a true story for you:

In the late 70's I was working in the shipyards in San Francisco, CA. On one job for Matson Lines there were several old Sweeds/Norwegians who would tell 'war' stories, WW-II, during lunch break(s); One man was on a merchant marine ship that got hit with a torpedo in the North Atlantic...they were all getting into life boats when it was noted that their boat didn't have the 'required' bucket...he immediately volunteered to rush back to stores and get one whereupon the 'stores man' admonished him, "See you don't take a new one now."

Morning folks.

Diesel 88888888

Last edited by Diesel; 11-26-2012 at 08:39 AM.

A woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary
    surgeon. As she laid her pet on the table, the vet
    pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's
    chest.
    After a moment or two, the vet shook his head and
    sadly said, "I'm sorry, your duck, Cuddles, has
    passed away."

The distressed woman wailed, "Are you sure?"
    "Yes, I am sure. Your duck is dead," replied the
    vet..

"How can you be so sure?" she protested. "I mean
    you haven't done any testing on him or anything.
    He might just be in a coma or something."

The vet rolled his eyes, turned around and left the
    room. He returned a few minutes later with a
    Labrador Retriever.

As the duck's owner looked on in amazement, the
    dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on
    the examination table and sniffed the duck from
    top to bottom. He then looked up at the vet with sad
    eyes and shook his head.

The vet patted the dog on the head and took it out
    of the room. A few minutes later he returned with
    a cat.

The cat jumped on the table and also delicately
    sniffed the bird from head to foot. The cat sat back
    on its haunches, shook its head, meowed softly and
    strolled out of the room.

The vet looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry,
    but as I said, this is most definitely, 100% certifiably,
    a dead duck."

The vet turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys
    and produced a bill, which he handed to the woman..
    The duck's owner, still in shock, took the bill. "$150!"
    she cried, "$150 just to tell me my duck is dead!"

The vet shrugged, "I'm sorry. If you had just taken my
    word for it, the bill would have been $20, but with the
    Lab Report and the Cat Scan, it's now $150."

THUCYDIDES.

Good one. Ill send it the Americans here.....

Talking about ships. One of the old old guys that used to be on our moose team,........ died many years ago. Anyway, he used to be on a whale boat back in the 50`s. Arround the south pole. He went down with his ship twice. And he was the only survivor twice. So incredibly lucky to get picked up both times by a neighbour boat. After that second time he didn`t even go fishing on the small lakes arround his house. He claimed to be out of luck. And I think he was right, because the last 20 years he was hunting he did not see one single living moose.

French roast today...from the cub scout pack #144...delicious with two cardamon pods in the pot.

Diesel 88888888

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post

French roast today...from the cub scout pack #144...delicious with two cardamon pods in the pot.

Diesel 88888888

Cardamom

I know, it's a hard habit to break when you get used to hearing it and saying it wrong.

Folgers hot black and crunchy for me this morning. I needed all the help I could get and good tasting coffee would have put me back to sleep.

THUCYDIDES.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast