Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zastava PAP conversion

Quote Originally Posted by greeenie View Post
    Perfect man, thanks a ton for.ur help. U have been spectacular
    Sweet, hope they are what your looking for. Anymore questions feel free to ask. I have put about 200 rounds through it already and can confirm nothing has gone loose.

Next add-on will be to get rid of the front sight post and add muzzle brake because i need to get rid of the vertical rise of the barrel. ANy suggestions on a brake please let me know and with a link if possible. THanks in advance.

Word of advice, thread the barrel. Don't use an adapted, they don't stay. And to use muzzle brake like u want ill have to use a different front site with a pin to hold the brake in place

Word of advice, thread the barrel. Don't use an adapted, they don't stay. And to use muzzle brake like u want ill have to use a different front site with a pin to hold the brake in place
    Oh no i will not do a adapted one. I am actually going to cut the barrel right where the front sight is and just thread a brake on no front sight post at all. I will be only going of the scope. I know some will say thats ridiculous but to each their own.

the only reason i say u might want a front post site is because there is a pin that is there to retain the position of the muzzle brake, which helps reduce muzzle lift

the only reason i say u might want a front post site is because there is a pin that is there to retain the position of the muzzle brake, which helps reduce muzzle lift
    Yea I understand that. thanks

DO you have a link to the ACE stock adapter or a Part number?
    Also if you dont mind me asking what was the cost?
    Thanks

BTW nice setup. My Zastava is set up similar. I did the high cap conversion on mine.

I'm also interested in the ACE stock adaptor and total cost. Also how is the sights zeroed on the dust cover rail? I read the dust rail has alot of movement.

I called ACE about the stock adapter, they are selling for $44.99 plus shipping.
    For that price I will stick with the one I made for half the cost and that includes the stock.

I ordered the receiver block adaptor from ACE. 44 bux with 7 bux shipping. Can't wait.

Here is my PAP in what I believe is its final state.

I got rid of the universal UTG Quad rail and installed the M70 specific version. Removed the folding stock adapter, and Installed a check riser on the stock. Took her to the range this morning and put another flawless 120rds downrange.
    On the 50yrd range with using either the 4x scope or the TRS-25, all shots were hitting within the "9" ring on a 6" target. Basically left one big hole in the paper just high and to the left of center.
    On a separate note, when i was using the universal front quad rail, after about the first 20rds the POI would start to shift high and to the right.
    With the M70 specific rail I no longer have that issue. Only thing i can think of is it must be do to how the rail mounted. The universal one just mounted with two straps to the barrel, the M70 one has a spacer block that sits between the barrel and gas tube and then the lower and upper parts of the rail are fastened together. The rails are not directly attached to the barrel.

That is awesome man! Is that the demon muzzle break? How well does it seem to work? aside from looking badass that is! I have an M70 quad rail on the way, can't wait to get started on the addition. Nice rifle!

similar to where im at. Used same quad rail, and i love it.

"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking"
    Bill Maher

I've received my ACE receiver block. I'm shopping for Stocks tommorrow. Hopefully ill be updating this thread with new pics

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    That is awesome man! Is that the demon muzzle break? How well does it seem to work? aside from looking badass that is! I have an M70 quad rail on the way, can't wait to get started on the addition. Nice rifle!
    That is the demon break. Honestly i have not shot without it on. One of these days im going to have to try it without and see if i notice any difference.

I was trying to decide between the demon break and the phantom flash supressor, but after seeing how it looks in that pic my mind is set on the demon. How easy was it to install the side rail scope mount? Currently I'm looking for a way to snug up the dustcover. My scope is overall pretty accurate, but holding an exact 0 is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I was trying to decide between the demon break and the phantom flash supressor, but after seeing how it looks in that pic my mind is set on the demon. How easy was it to install the side rail scope mount? Currently I'm looking for a way to snug up the dustcover. My scope is overall pretty accurate, but holding an exact 0 is impossible.
    The side rail installation was not very hard at all. The most important part is to get it squared with the top of the receiver. I use a set of calipers to make sure the front and rear of the mount was the same distance from the top. Once i had everything lined up i marked and drilled the hole. The front bolt hole is the toughest because it is so close to where the old mag supports were. so you may run into an issues there, but nothing a dremel cant handle

What kind of stock and cheek rest is that. It looks good

Quote Originally Posted by jcpg View Post
    What kind of stock and cheek rest is that. It looks good
    The stock is the one that came with the stock adapter from UTG i got from here
    http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Collapsibl...ef=pd_sim_sg_1
    The Cheek Riser i got from Cabela's found here
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/CAA-T...h-All+Products

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast