Thread: What is a good response to this?

What is a good response to this?

However, I think all gun owners need to go through a complete and thorough psychological evaluation before they bear this right! There are too maney violent "nuts"*

Shake your head and move on.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Can't find anything related to requirements in the constitution other that "shall not be infringed".

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    I think all anti-gun proponents need to go through a complete and thorough psychological evaluation before they are allowed to tell me they have the right to tell me I cannot have a gun because they are afraid of them. There are far to many crazy people walking the streets trying their best to make the streets safer for crazy violent criminals and insane mass murderers.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs down

If you don't have to do the same to get a drivers license which is a privilege or before you father or birth a child, hell even own a pet, why would they assume you'd have to, to excercise a right?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Quote Originally Posted by shortydog View Post
    However, I think all gun owners need to go through a complete and thorough psychological evaluation before they bear this right! There are too maney violent "nuts"*
    Ok. I think every woman getting an abortion should go through the same thing as well as having to see a computer age progression pic of her child.

Obvious impending response.....YOU CAN'T DO THAT!

Counter response....So an action that's 100% guaranteed to result in the legal and unregulated premature death of a human being requires no psychological evaluation but the posession of an inanimate object that may not ever hurt a single person should require it?

Oh, was that insensitive to a woman's rights and too polarizing?......ok...

The driver license thing has allready been brought up, but you don't have a right to drive so that's actually apples to oranges, but to humor the point, you can kill WAAAAY more people before someone stops you using a car than any gun.

Maybe there should be an examination before you can vote. Why should a crazy irrational person be allowed to have a voice in who represents the rest of us. The risk to our society is just too great.

Maybe there should be an examination before someone should be allowed to own private property. You never know what a crazy person might do if there are no people watching what he's doing in the privacy of his home. People die in houses every single day afterall.

Maybe there should be an examination before someone is allowed to just say whatever they want in public. Imagine the damage to society if a crazy person were allowed to gain influence over the masses.

I could go on for at least another half hour....but try this...Why do YOU need a psych exam to protect yourself by any means necessary from a crazy person that has absolutely no problem or reservations whatsoever about hurting YOU and YOUR family.(make it personal)

Oh...and what part of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED was not perfectly clear?
    Last edited by stinker; 02-14-2012 at 05:29 PM. Reason: spelling
    History has a severe case of stuttering complicated by chronic hiccups.
    It always repeats itself and it never fails that something will go horribly wrong along the way.

Direct democracy is a gang rape. Eight men vote to rape one woman and the woman has to accept it because the majority decided that it was ok. A constitutional republic on the other hand is eight men and one woman with a full mag. Think about it for a while until it hurts your head.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

possibly, but i cannot consider your point as i feel that no one should be allowed free speech untill they pass a thorough psychological evaluation as well as in depth security check to assure that that no harmful ideas are allowed to perpetuate. when you show me your credentials that you have had this done, then i will acknowledge you speaking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    I think all anti-gun proponents need to go through a complete and thorough psychological evaluation before they are allowed to tell me they have the right to tell me I cannot have a gun because they are afraid of them. There are far to many crazy people walking the streets trying their best to make the streets safer for crazy violent criminals and insane mass murderers.
    This!
    In High school I thought Paradise Lost meant no more Crap games!

Member Since 07/2002

Senior Member Silicon Wolverine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    possibly, but i cannot consider your point as i feel that no one should be allowed free speech untill they pass a thorough psychological evaluation as well as in depth security check to assure that that no harmful ideas are allowed to perpetuate. when you show me your credentials that you have had this done, then i will acknowledge you speaking to me.
    what he said.

SW

Equate that to being able to have children, loose kids cause a hell of alot more damage every year.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    Not until after a 30 day "cooling off" period.

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Change that to politician, the way they spend our tax dollars, they must be nuts!
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

They should seriously consider a move to Cuba, China, or some other place where the government does not trust its citizens.

was_peacemaker
    Reply with this.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund Freud

Then ask them if they need to be evaluated before they attempt to have children. LOL
    Last edited by was_peacemaker; 02-15-2012 at 05:07 PM.

"Fuck you, you commie pinko shitbag."
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    "Fuck you, you commie pinko shitbag."
    Now, now.................
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL