Thread: New Kimber

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Kimber

I got a Kimber Desert Warrior. Wanted to share the joy.

Nice, let us know how it groups. I ask b/c I've had two 1911A1s and couldn't hit the sky with either one. A guy I knew had an Officers ACP, and I could put a nice, tight, little group dead center with it. So, I know it wasn't me.

Quote Originally Posted by American Rage View Post
    Nice, let us know how it groups. I ask b/c I've had two 1911A1s and couldn't hit the sky with either one. A guy I knew had an Officers ACP, and I could put a nice, tight, little group dead center with it. So, I know it wasn't me.
    Haven't shot it yet. This weekend. I sold my Springfield Mil Spec due to inconsistent hits. I really want to like the 1911. If this one disappoints I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    Haven't shot it yet. This weekend. I sold my Springfield Mil Spec due to inconsistent hits. I really want to like the 1911. If this one disappoints I'm done.
    How was the trigger on your Mil Spec? I sold mine because of the shitty trigger and lack of accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    How was the trigger on your Mil Spec? I sold mine because of the shitty trigger and lack of accuracy.
    It was my first 1911 not counting my Para DAO. I'm used to Glocks and Sigs. I didn't know any better, but I can now say it was horrible. I think it caused me to pull left. I'm hoping this Kimber redeems the breed for me.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Bought a couple raffle tickets for a Kimber today... hope I can join the club, but I'm WAY overdue on that time of thing...

Nice new toy!

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    Strange, one of my 1911s was also a Springfield Mil Spec, you'd aim for the chest and the rounds would impact about 14" to the right, and about 18" higher than point of aim. I say "about" because you needed a trash can lid to cover the groups! Seriously! And I paid $660 for that bucket of shit

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by American Rage View Post
    I bought an ATI XM Military model and it appears to be fairly accurate. At a distance of 15 strides, it'll put all shots inside a tin can, offhand. I haven't shot it from a rest yet, but plan to in the near future.

I was never impressed by the price of Kimber.
    WAY over priced for a 1911.
    THEN I was able to handle and shoot one. My opinion of them got worse.
    A buddy got one of their stainless compact carry.

It came with a PLASTIC mainspring housing.
    You needed a TOOL for simple field stripping.
    AND the best one was the STAINLESS STEEL slide was always RUSTING...

My RIA that cost 1/4 less than his Kimber, is all steel and the blued, or parkerised parts have never rusted on me.

BISHOP

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

I picked up a lightly used Gold Combat a few years back.

Great gun!

Beautiful trigger that breaks like a glass rod and is a flat-out tack driver.

No problems at all of any sort with any ammo including reloads, and it gets shot a lot.

I really enjoy shooting this pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    I picked up a lightly used Gold Combat a few years back.

Great gun!

Beautiful trigger that breaks like a glass rod and is a flat-out tack driver.

No problems at all of any sort with any ammo including reloads, and it gets shot a lot.

I really enjoy shooting this pistol.
    Rock on!