Thread: Quad rail question

Quad rail question

Hey there,

I have posted on this forum a while ago, and this time I am just looking for a straight answer. Last time, I got a bunch of grief about how people didn't like how I was modding my AK-47... so don't reply with your grief filled opinions.

I am simply looking for a good answer on good quad rails for my milled ak-47.

Some of the reviews I have seen (such as the UTG quad rail) are having complaints about heat issues, not being able to touch the bottom of the quad rail after a few shots.

Has anybody had experience with quad rails, and have informative opinions on the best one to buy?

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Quote Originally Posted by R3N3G4D3 View Post
    I have posted on this forum a while ago, and this time I am just looking for a straight answer. Last time, I got a bunch of grief about how people didn't like how I was modding my AK-47... so don't reply with your grief filled opinions.
    You'll get that anytime you talk about tacticooling a stock configuration AK into an AR-47.
    Suck it up and get used to it because that conversation is kind of like the terminator.
    It has no pity, remorse or fear and it won't stop, ever, until you are dead.

I am simply looking for a good answer on good quad rails for my milled ak-47.

Some of the reviews I have seen (such as the UTG quad rail) are having complaints about heat issues, not being able to touch the bottom of the quad rail after a few shots.

Has anybody had experience with quad rails, and have informative opinions on the best one to buy?
    Midwest rails don't heat up too bad in my experience so far.
    The Krebs quadrail should be good about dispersing heat as well though i have no actual hands on experience with one.
    Personally i'm not a fan of the UTG rails. Just my humble opinion.

Go on youtube and look for some videos of field tests for ak quad rails.
    I've seen some where check them with a laser after firing testing which ones get hotter and which heat up the optics more.
    History has a severe case of stuttering complicated by chronic hiccups.
    It always repeats itself and it never fails that something will go horribly wrong along the way.

Direct democracy is a gang rape. Eight men vote to rape one woman and the woman has to accept it because the majority decided that it was ok. A constitutional republic on the other hand is eight men and one woman with a full mag. Think about it for a while until it hurts your head.

MI and Krebs are both great companies to deal with.

I have dealt with 'em both in the past.

As for tacticooling an AK......

...as long as you are not doing it to a rare/collectible piece of history....Go for it!
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

I run the utg quadrail and have no problem shooting thru 3 or 4 30 round mags before it gets to hot so unless u plan on getting into an extreme fire fight they work fine plus I have no problem holding zero on my laser I have mounted 2 it