Thread: opinions on micro adj. rear peep?

opinions on micro adj. rear peep?

wondering if anyone has any opinions/experience with the micro adjustable rear peep?http://aa-ok.com/ak-peep-rear-sight-...djustment.html

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

experience? no

opinions? oh fuck yeah. im full of them.

it looks like it mounts in the std sight leaf location (i just glanced at the link for 5 sec) id worry about how well you could see through the peep at that distance.

that said, i think that the ak's reputation for lackluster accuracy is at least 80% due to the horrible sights. the blade system, imo, is wrought with opportunity to fuck up a shot, then add to that the distance of the rear leaf from the eye, coupled with the short sight radius, combine for a perfect storm of shit. imo, any thing you can do to improve the sights on them is a huge plus, and im a fan of peep sights in general.

eta: holy shit!!!!

i was going to say get one and try it out, just for the hell of it, you may like it. but i just re-checked the link and saw that it was $74!!! thats a bit steep, i can see why your researching it first.

idk what your level of mechanical aptitude is, but by the looks of it, it shouldnt be too hard to get an extra rear sight leaf for a few bucks, grind a curve where the notch is, and tack a small aperture in there. if your careful, and maybe with a little dremmeling, you might even be able to retain the elevation slides functionality.

i think that the ak's reputation for lackluster accuracy is at least 80% due to the horrible sights. the blade system, imo, is wrought with opportunity to fuck up a shot, then add to that the distance of the rear leaf from the eye, coupled with the short sight radius, combine for a perfect storm of shit. imo, any thing you can do to improve the sights on them is a huge plus, and im a fan of peep sights in general.
    i agree,thats why other than the upgrade to the furniture set, i wanted a better rear sight. i've ordered 2 for my new mak90's i just got.

let us know how they work out!

will do. anyone else have any experience w/these?

no exp. with that one,but my buddy just got the techsite cover for his and it seems to be pretty cool (you get an extra 5-7 inches oif sight radius),but we havent shot it yet

I just put one on my WASR-10. I ordered mine from Midway USA and the cost was about $66 I think. Installed without any problems and works great. I wanted a Mojo sight, so I could adjust for windage rather than drifting the front sight. I really didn't need the micro-adjustable elevation feature, but I figured what the hell, why not. On the Mojo website you can get an adjustable windage only rear sight for about $44.

What is the rear aperature diameter on that mojo? Does the front post have plenty of room to see out at say,...200 yds.?

When you look through the rear sight, it looks the same size as the roundish front sight. Think......lining up two circles. Acquiring a sight picture is quite fast.

i canceled my previous order w/ AA-OK as it seemed they were dragging their feet on my order. the items in my order ended up NOT being in stock and they had to order them from THEIR vendor......probably midwayusa! as was previously said from steve,midway has em for $8 cheaper.

thought i'd do an update to this thread,albeit late. took to the range couple weeks ago after bore sighting it in w/a chamber laser sight in my backyard @ 25yrds.
    and as i was firing and checking p.o.i. on 100yrd range target, i noticed the rear sight had rotated up anywhere from .125"-.300" maybe even more. called mojo sights and explained what had happened they avised me to remove the rear sight and bend the factory rear spring to put more upward pressure on the sight to keep it from rotating upward. just finished removing them,and added more curve to the spring and got one to go fine the other one broke off one of the lugs so its now junk. the other one went fine and there is more added pressure on the rear sight now so i hope under fire the jarring of the rounds the mojo wont move. will keep this thread updated.

thanks for the update.

dosent sound like its going too well so far.

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    thanks for the update.

dosent sound like its going too well so far.
    Actually its not bad as this is a common problem they said because of the pressure you need to apply to the spring to get the rear sight to release. I'm sure others
    have flattened out the spring trying to either install or remove the original rear blade.

Just got off the phone w/mojo sights,thought id at least try to save myself some money by placing my aperature,Microclick mechanism....etc.onto a new base but they said to send it back for a new one as these have a lifetime guarantee! Now that's customer service! www.mojosights.com

Another update on the mojo sight....got my replacement sight
    in mail the other day. I took out the flat spring under the sight and
    gave it a little more curvature to push up against the bottom
    of the mojo sight. Definitely more tight to keep it from rotating
    upwards now.

I run a Texas weapon dog leg and bought the peep it brought it back about 6 inches but I'm not a fan of pesos so I just through a scope on the dog leg and keep the peep in my grip storage for backup

Nothin's easy.
    Johnnie F. - recovering Statist
    ----------------------------------------------
    Have you read TheTruthAboutGuns.com today?