Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP, I have an AK 47 Type II dated 1952-54 Original Russian!!!!

I have seen oe of these for sale in Canada a few years ago. The going price for suck a beautiful gun is $400..
    It was converted to semi auto by simply removing the sear BUT keeping the pin in place.
    Canada can have what is called converted autos where they just remove the "offending" full auto part and its now a legal semi.

BISHOP

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    I have seen oe of these for sale in Canada a few years ago. The going price for suck a beautiful gun is $400..
    It was converted to semi auto by simply removing the sear BUT keeping the pin in place.
    Canada can have what is called converted autos where they just remove the "offending" full auto part and its now a legal semi.

BISHOP
    I bet Canada doesn't have a second amendment that is infringed upon, and they can have something that we here can't? Oh well, with the current state of the Union, I am sure we never will.

Thanks

Sorry for the naming conventions people, am well pissed that i cannot get this weapon moved! there must be a country in the world that i am allowed to ship the weapons too?

I refuse to give up on such a great weapon and let it dwindle away into the hands of the wrong people.

I know that it will be near impossible to get it into US but any help on getting it elsewhere would be great, there is always a lop hole somewhere if you look hard enough, lol

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I even talked to an attorney about taking on ATF and the machine gun ban, but they started laughing, and I think I can still hear them!

Actually if the tin foil crowd turns out to be right, those rifles will be everywhere in the USA. But I truly doubt that, so right now I hope you do find a place to at least put the rifle into some type of safe keeping just in case we are allowed to have a piece of history like your Type 2.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Thanks for ruining my day.

Oh, and my nickname is the end of my handle, which should make more sense: AK-nut. Because I am an ak-nut.
    Sorry m8, will ensure AK-nut is at the forefront of every reply

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Very well then I will mention the weapon to him with a phone call in the next few days. Oh and most people call me Schuetz sounds like Shoots. Full on screen name is pronounced Shoot-zen-man derived from the German target rifles called Schuetzen. No umlaut key on my keyboard so I can't do the U as it should be.
    Sorry (Schuetz) that would be great but from what everyone else is telling me it will be near impossible! but i wont give up. Cheers

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I'll just take this thread as evidence that freedom really is dead.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ranaldi View Post
    Sorry (Schuetz) that would be great but from what everyone else is telling me it will be near impossible! but i wont give up. Cheers
    Yes, it is a process that is long and convoluted. I myself have imported two Swiss Schmidt Ruben rifles to the US through a licensed importer. These aren't NFA machinguns but they took over 1 year each to get them through the red tape of the US BATFE agency. The second rifle I had to resubmit the paperwork as they just managed to lose it all, I believe they threw it in the waste can on purpose just to fuck with me. Why, because that's how BATFE is they don't like people that like firearms.

Part of getting any military type arm into the US is that it has to reside in a nonprohibited nation for 5 years before importing it. A signed letter stating that it has been in that favored country for 5 years prior to export to the USA must be supplied to be filed with the import application paperwork. It has to be in English as well. I had my first letter rejected on a Schmidt Ruben as it was written in German. I basically sent an English version by email to the Gun Shop that was going to ship it to me with a light for the owner to sign on. All he had to do was print the letter, sign on the line then mail it back. What a Pain in the ASS it all is.

I refuse to give up on such a great weapon and let it dwindle away into the hands of the wrong people.

I know that it will be near impossible to get it into US but any help on getting it elsewhere would be great, there is always a lop hole somewhere if you look hard enough, lol
    Well this may be an extreme longshot but I remember these guy from the old site. "Islandweapons" in particularly

"Islandweapons"
    He was full of info and was quite willing to share it. He had just moved from Australia to an island off New Zealand because of the gun legislation going on. He had a boat and would island hop uncovering WWII relics and weapons.

"Pineapple jack" (not real sure if that's right but I think so)
    He had family in Siberia and posted a lot of pictures from there and Soviet military items. He started posting again just before the old place went down. A matter of days really and didn't seem to know it was going away. He mentioned he was friends with "Islandweapons".

The only place I found evidence of them is at photobucket I'm sure it's the same guys but don't know their current status on anything.
    I'm not familiar with how it works over there but they seem to have a "friends" network that you might be able to use
    Here's the page I found:
    http://s528.photobucket.com/profile/IslandWeapons

Might be worth a try but you may want to avoid the subject of "Gunsnet" at first
    The reason I say that "Islandweapons" left pretty pissed off. He stumbled into the roadhouse before he knew what that was like and deleted all his posts.
    He had even sent Autocad drawings to members over his dial up connection which took him hours. Very generous and knew how to get weapons around.

Might be a wild goose chase but maybe something will come of it. Good luck
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Sorry for the naming conventions people, am well pissed that i cannot get this weapon moved! there must be a country in the world that i am allowed to ship the weapons too?

You can cut up the receiver, ship the parts to the US and assemble it on a legal Semi auto receiver. There's no way you could bring back it intact.
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Yes, it is a process that is long and convoluted. I myself have imported two Swiss Schmidt Ruben rifles to the US through a licensed importer. These aren't NFA machinguns but they took over 1 year each to get them through the red tape of the US BATFE agency. The second rifle I had to resubmit the paperwork as they just managed to lose it all, I believe they threw it in the waste can on purpose just to fuck with me. Why, because that's how BATFE is they don't like people that like firearms.

Part of getting any military type arm into the US is that it has to reside in a nonprohibited nation for 5 years before importing it. A signed letter stating that it has been in that favored country for 5 years prior to export to the USA must be supplied to be filed with the import application paperwork. It has to be in English as well. I had my first letter rejected on a Schmidt Ruben as it was written in German. I basically sent an English version by email to the Gun Shop that was going to ship it to me with a light for the owner to sign on. All he had to do was print the letter, sign on the line then mail it back. What a Pain in the ASS it all is.
    That's by design as you well know. Terrible. When exactly are we living in tyranny? The founders would be astounded by the Congress giving powers to agencies they lawfully can't.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    You can cut up the receiver, ship the parts to the US and assemble it on a legal Semi auto receiver. There's no way you could bring back it intact.
    Even then you couldn't. Barrel ban made up by the ATF under no law.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12