Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP, I have an AK 47 Type II dated 1952-54 Original Russian!!!!

Talking HELP, I have an AK 47 Type II dated 1952-54 Original Russian!!!!

Hi All,

I have managed to get my hands on an AK47 Type II from round about 52-54, I am no means an expert on these weapons or AK's in general? But i do know that this is a Russian with every part of it stamped with its original serial numbers. I was looking for some advice on what price to put on this thing and any info people have about these weapons. I have put together a short youtube video just looking over the weapon.

Link Below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCI97vu-CAU

Many thanks, all comments welcome?

UPDATE: Can anyone help with a value and wither it is worth trying to ship too the US? cheers
    Last edited by Ranaldi; 02-20-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Exclamation

If it really is one, it is NFA class. Meaning unless you have a Form 4 with a 200 buck Tax STamp fixed to it from the Treasury Department you have a liability that could potentially cost you every penny you own, 10 years in jail, you status as a nonfelon and your freedom.

Because without that paper it is an illegal machine gun bring back probably from Vietnam. I seriously hope this is not the case. If BATFE sees this post or your Youtube video you will have cooked your own Goose by making their case for them

Watched your video. I hear a heavy UK related accent, I would think Scottish but I'm no expert on dialects. Checked your profile, haven't checked your ISP yet. I see no country of location listed in your bio. I hope you live somewhere where that weapon is legal to own. It is a fine example, I'd hate to think it is going to be seized and destroyed.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 02-20-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Abu Dhabi, well perhaps you are in an area of the world where such a nice weapon can still be owned. Enjoy the Type II Izmash from Izhevsk Russia. Looked like a Triangle with an arrow in it so that would be Izmash.

Welcome to gunsnet!

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Abu Dhabi, well perhaps you are in an area of the world where such a nice weapon can still be owned. Enjoy the Type II Izmash from Izhevsk Russia. Looked like a Triangle with an arrow in it so that would be Izmash.
    Agreed thats the real deal considered by most the Grail of AK's!

Congratulations you Sir are a very lucky man. Make sure to clean it very good after you shoot it because I would guess most of the ammo over there is corrosive.

Hi Schuetzenman, Hit the nail on the head Scotland but the Abu Dhabi dont let that fool you, lol

I am currently in Afghan and have been searching for a while now to try find and old original AK and i have came across this. There is so much red tape surrounding these weapons its not funny. My original plan was to ship it to sell to a registered dealer in the US but i think this will cost me more than the weapon is worth, any info on this would be great?

Have to say it is the best AK i have ever fired the action is like butter and the build quality is amazing. Just wish someone else outside this country could get there hands on it and get years of pleasure or just the Joy of owning one.

Quote Originally Posted by abpt1 View Post
    Welcome to gunsnet!
    Agreed thats the real deal considered by most the Grail of AK's!

Congratulations you Sir are a very lucky man. Make sure to clean it very good after you shoot it because I would guess most of the ammo over there is corrosive.

Hi Abpt1,

I wish it could be someone else that is holding it as i dont want to leave it in the country am in at the moment. It is the best AK i have fired by far!!

damn, that is soooo awesome, id love to shoot one of those, excellent pickup man, love to see shooting videos

Quote Originally Posted by greeenie View Post
    damn, that is soooo awesome, id love to shoot one of those, excellent pickup man, love to see shooting videos
    Cheers man, Next time am on the range i will take a quick vid and post it?

that would be very cool, really like to see one of the originals in action

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    See my post in your other thread.

Two posts on such a great weapon that this AK-nut can't own is enough to almost ruin my day!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranaldi View Post
    Hi Schuetzenman, Hit the nail on the head Scotland but the Abu Dhabi dont let that fool you, lol

I am currently in Afghan and have been searching for a while now to try find and old original AK and i have came across this. There is so much red tape surrounding these weapons its not funny. My original plan was to ship it to sell to a registered dealer in the US but i think this will cost me more than the weapon is worth, any info on this would be great?

Have to say it is the best AK i have ever fired the action is like butter and the build quality is amazing. Just wish someone else outside this country could get there hands on it and get years of pleasure or just the Joy of owning one.
    Pleased to hear I nailed the dialect with Scotland. Afghanistan, I see. On how to get it into the US, that would be quite difficult. It would have to be brought in as a Post 1986 Dealers Sample, in as much as it isn't in production I'm not sure if that classification would be applicable to it. Full auto weapons in the USA are of 3 categories; 1) Pre May 1986 Dealers Samples, 2) Post May 1986 Dealers Samples and 3) Transferable. A sneaky anti-firearm legislator slipped a provision into a bill that banned sales of newly manufactured machine guns to US civilians. Once the legislation was passed into law in May of 1986 all new machine guns were cut off for sale to US citizens. So a finite supply was created, they have appreciated in value steadily ever since then.

Pre and Post May Dealer samples are only purchased by licensed Machine Gun and National Firearms Act Dealers. This would include silencers, Short barreled rifles, (less than 16" barrel), sawed off or short barreled Shot Guns, (less than 18" barrel). Also Destructive devices such as; artillery, 20 mm Anti aircraft guns, mortars, etc. Any dealer weapon on the National Registry for NFA weapons before May of 1986 can be purchased by the licensed Machine Gun dealer and kept after he gives up his license. Any Post May Dealer Sample can only be owned by a currently licensed Machine Gun / NFA dealer. If they are to give up their license they must sell such weapons off to other dealers or destroy them with cutting torches.

Getting it here to the USA would not assure it's survival necessarily. I'm sure there are NFA dealers that would pay you to get the weapon here if there is a legal means to do so. I have a Machine Gun Dealer friend that I bet would be interested in getting an orginal Type 2 AK-47. Would you like me to contact him and see if there is any way to actually legally get it here?

Pleased to hear I nailed the dialect with Scotland. Afghanistan, I see. On how to get it into the US, that would be quite difficult. It would have to be brought in as a Post 1986 Dealers Sample, in as much as it isn't in production I'm not sure if that classification would be applicable to it. Full auto weapons in the USA are of 3 categories; 1) Pre May 1986 Dealers Samples, 2) Post May 1986 Dealers Samples and 3) Transferable. A sneaky anti-firearm legislator slipped a provision into a bill that banned sales of newly manufactured machine guns to US civilians. Once the legislation was passed into law in May of 1986 all new machine guns were cut off for sale to US citizens. So a finite supply was created, they have appreciated in value steadily ever since then.

Pre and Post May Dealer samples are only purchased by licensed Machine Gun and National Firearms Act Dealers. This would include silencers, Short barreled rifles, (less than 16" barrel), sawed off or short barreled Shot Guns, (less than 18" barrel). Also Destructive devices such as; artillery, 20 mm Anti aircraft guns, mortars, etc. Any dealer weapon on the National Registry for NFA weapons before May of 1986 can be purchased by the licensed Machine Gun dealer and kept after he gives up his license. Any Post May Dealer Sample can only be owned by a currently licensed Machine Gun / NFA dealer. If they are to give up their license they must sell such weapons off to other dealers or destroy them with cutting torches.

Getting it here to the USA would not assure it's survival necessarily. I'm sure there are NFA dealers that would pay you to get the weapon here if there is a legal means to do so. I have a Machine Gun Dealer friend that I bet would be interested in getting an orginal Type 2 AK-47. Would you like me to contact him and see if there is any way to actually legally get it here?
    Hi Zenman,

Thanks for the detailed response, i would indeed be interested to hear from your friend as i really don't want this weapon to 1, fall into the wrong hand 2, Get crushed or broken down. It is such a great weapon and from what you have said it would be a dream for some people to own such a piece of ART.

I am probably going to make you even more sick but i have just spoken to a friend of mine in the same company and he has a near exact weapon as me, except his is actually stamped 1952 !!!!!! sorry. So not only could i get my hands one 1 but 2 type 2 AK's and to be honest we have a stock of old AK's in the armory that we have not even went through. I find it really hard to believe that i have something in my hands that a collector would be more than willing to part with up to 50K for, now that makes me sick LOL.

Your help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Sorry IMAN, might ruin your day more when you read my latest post below, not just 1 but 2 AK type 2 with the potential for more still to check.

Thanks for ruining my day.

Oh, and my nickname is the end of my handle, which should make more sense: AK-nut. Because I am an ak-nut.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

You simply will not be able to import it into the US legally. Sorry. You cannot import ANY full auto weapons unless you they are for Law enforcement and you have an importer license. There is no "you served, we trust you to carry out orders and we trust you" card anymore. One of the things I detest my govt for. They will expend your life but you cannot be trusted with the very same weapon you expended your life defending the hacks for.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 02-22-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranaldi View Post
    Hi Zenman,

Thanks for the detailed response, i would indeed be interested to hear from your friend as i really don't want this weapon to 1, fall into the wrong hand 2, Get crushed or broken down. It is such a great weapon and from what you have said it would be a dream for some people to own such a piece of ART.

I am probably going to make you even more sick but i have just spoken to a friend of mine in the same company and he has a near exact weapon as me, except his is actually stamped 1952 !!!!!! sorry. So not only could i get my hands one 1 but 2 type 2 AK's and to be honest we have a stock of old AK's in the armory that we have not even went through. I find it really hard to believe that i have something in my hands that a collector would be more than willing to part with up to 50K for, now that makes me sick LOL.

Your help would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Very well then I will mention the weapon to him with a phone call in the next few days. Oh and most people call me Schuetz sounds like Shoots. Full on screen name is pronounced Shoot-zen-man derived from the German target rifles called Schuetzen. No umlaut key on my keyboard so I can't do the U as it should be.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011

Please post pics... It will give me something to cry over. Lol

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I have to laugh that our new guest used the front part of Imanaknut's name and the back part of Schuetzenman's name.

Iman and Zenman, classic

Zenman makes you sound like your a Yoga instructor.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I have to laugh that our new guest used the front part of Imanaknut's name and the back part of Schuetzenman's name.

Iman and Zenman, classic

Zenman makes you sound like your a Yoga instructor.
    Actually I thought it made me sound like I was a Budhist Monk.

Unfortunately Iman sounds too close to a Muslim cleric. But at least I have a sense of humor!

I don't care what a person calls me when I find that they have access to a true, real deal, scare our government to heck Avtomat Kalashnikova Type 2 !!!!!

What does bother me is that my right to keep and bear arms that shall not be infringed will not allow me to have a Type 2!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast