Thread: Installed a PRP drop-in trigger kit into my XD9.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Installed a PRP drop-in trigger kit into my XD9.

Last night a buddy stopped by and we installed Powder River Precision's newer drop-in trigger kits, one for his XD40 and one for my XD9. One of their employees put a very easy to follow video on youtube to show how it's done....the PRP guy used an XDm, but they're still close enough to the original that we didn't have any problems following along.

With only being able to do dry-fires before and after the install (maybe live fire test this weekend), I must say it's a world of difference. Take up is muuuuuuuuch better and the reset is great. I can only imagine how good the kits for XDm's are. I can only guess that maybe my new trigger is equal to what an XDm factory setup is like.

This kit may seem pricey at $125, but for me it's way cheaper than buying an XDm 9mm, along with it's proprietary mags. This kit comes with two different sets of springs, one they would recommend more for duty/carry, and the other (which are colored blue) are meant for competition, so it was nice of them to throw both sets in the kit.

This is the kit we used: http://shop.powderriverprecision.net...0&categoryId=2. If anyone has a basic XD and would like an improved trigger without needing to buy an XDm, I would recommend giving these a try. But I still wouldn't mind getting an XDm in .45acp one day .
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Well, that's cool.

I'm pretty happy with the stock triggers on my two but this is good information.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

I'll admit between the factory glock trigger and factory xd9 trigger, I'd prefer the glock.....maybe because I've shot glocks much more than my xd9 and I'm used to it. IMO the reset and take-up are better in factory dress with glocks. YMMV of course
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Awesome!

My 45 Tactical has an awesome factory trigger, but the 9mm service trigger just blows. I'll have to do this mod myself one day.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"