Thread: Doomsday Prepper Declared Mental Defective…. Government confiscates his Guns

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Doomsday Prepper Declared Mental Defective…. Government confiscates his Guns

Doomsday Prepper Declared Mental Defective…. Government confiscates his Guns

Just days after appearing on the National Geographic TV Show Doomsday Prepper, a prepper from Tennessee has been declared Mentally Defective and his guns have been seized by the government. The Prepper, David Sarti is a character to say the least, but his story is somewhat disturbing and should be a wake up call for everyone.

Personally I think these shows are designed to make these people look crazy. Whether his appearance on the show played into Mr. Sarti’s diagnosis isn’t yet clear, but apparently the State believed he was a danger to himself after a local doctor insisted that Mr. Sarti was suicidal.

Mr. Sarti denies the charges and insists that he told the doctor he was a Christian and his belief made it impossible for him to commit suicide.
    Not good... video at link, just click the title.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I might be wrong, but if he was a real "prepper" who was preparing for the end of the world, because he didn't trust his government, when that government came to his door, wouldn't that fulfill his reason to prep, and therefore put him into full defensive?

But if he did, the government just would have said that he proved their point that he was mentally defective and not that he believed in freedom at all costs.

I've managed to watch about 3 of the shows, I remember his segment as being sort of laughable with him dancing around with his rifle and being grossly overweight. For some reason I remember at the end he seemed to have a depressed vibe that struck me as odd.

I take he's been judged to be mentally unable to own a firearm at some point in his life and that's the reason for all this?

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    Not good... video at link, just click the title.
    I watch the video. The guy sounds 100% sane to me. Reality: The government fucked him for daring to be a "prepper".
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Prepper's are on the DHS terrorist watch list, be careful what you show and tell.
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

This guy got screwed no doubt about it. He's got a big mouth and very little discretion which is what got him in hot water. However, the doctor in this case is a damned asshole. And the judge too - how can a fucking cardiologist be used to declare someone "mentally incompetent"? He's not a psychologist - this guy should get a good lawyer and sue the shit out of the doctor, the judge (if that's possible), etc. - he has been wronged in a big way.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Prepper's are on the DHS terrorist watch list, be careful what you show and tell.
    Crap. All Gunsnet members are on some list. You guys can request your FBI file if you are concerned. That show was canned by some big names in the prepper community. When the producer looks at a table of people who he is trying to get on the show and tells them, "I compromise my integrity every day" you can bet this show is a poison disguised as entertainment.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

A fish doesn't get caught unless it opens its mouth. This show seems like a front of some kind. A true prepper would do good to not say anything to anyone. 1. Its a witch hunt for the gubment to find you and cart you off and take your shit. The NDAA laws just passed proves it, they are looking for reasons. 2. When the shit does go down everyone will know what you have and want it one way or another. Be careful in what you say and to who its said to. This man has been wronged, and nobody can really do much for him but pray.

Quote Originally Posted by arcangel View Post
    A fish doesn't get caught unless it opens its mouth. This show seems like a front of some kind. A true prepper would do good to not say anything to anyone. 1. Its a witch hunt for the gubment to find you and cart you off and take your shit. The NDAA laws just passed proves it, they are looking for reasons. 2. When the shit does go down everyone will know what you have and want it one way or another. Be careful in what you say and to who its said to. This man has been wronged, and nobody can really do much for him but pray.
    DING!DING!DING!DING!DING!DING!DING!DING!DING!DING! DING!DING!DING!DING!DING!DING!DING!DING!DING!DING! DING!DING!DING!

Tell him what he's won, Bob!
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by arcangel View Post
    WHAT FUCKING COUNTRY IS THIS AGAIN? Despite the indiscretion of telling all what he has, he has been helping the prepper community for years with tips and "how to's". His part on the show helps others become proactive and heightens awareness of the economic instability of this country. You all can do a whole lot more than just pray.. or not, and maybe someone will help you,, or not..

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    I watch the video. The guy sounds 100% sane to me. Reality: The government fucked him for daring to be a "prepper".
    God help me for I agree with Krupski