Thread: One Project Done...4 More To Go

One Project Done...4 More To Go

So I'm finally starting to put a dent in my winter project list.

First, I had to try out the paint booth I built last month. Had 4 rifles that desperately needed paint: my '87 Izzy 74, a CAI 74 I traded for last year, my CAI G1 FAL, and my G1 build.

The 2 Century rifles needed paint since the phosphate finish sucked and really needed covering up.

The other 2, my '74 and G1 were in 3-4 different color configurations each. Between the rusty patina finish on the G1 parts, the park on some of the other parts, bare metal, and actual paint, I needed to even things out.

First up is the G1.

Before:

After:

The Izzy '74

Before:

After:

So now that those are done, I have the Franken-AK to finish, a pre-64 Model 94 to fix, convert a M70 PAP to double stack, and 500 rds of .308 to load. Oh, and in the midst of all this, possibly have shoulder surgery. Nope, there's challenges to getting my winter list done at all.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Always good to get projects finished, I hope the shoulder surgery goes well. They all look great.

The one I can't wait to finish is the Franken-AK. I've seen slab side Yugos before, but not one done like a Khyber Pass. The 94 is a project gun so I can learn how to work on my Model 1894 SRC without fucking it up, as it was made in 1919. The rest are just because projects.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.