Thread: \New take on a classic blade

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up \New take on a classic blade

The new Spyderco PUUKKO.

http://www.knifeworks.com/spydercopu...plainedge.aspx

Don't have one yet but the Puukko has been on my short list for a long time. To me it's a classic, maybe even iconic knife that, to me at least reeks of rugged, long term use with basic materials and well thought ergonomics.

This latest rendition from Spyderco, IMHO is like a cadillac version of that old standby. while I don't really care for the Spydyhole (it's their trademark) it also doesn't bother me to the point that I couldn't live with it. The Ironwood looks great and the S30v should really bring out the ability of this knife design.

While it may not be completely true to the original design it sure looks nice and should make for a great little woodscraft knife. I know some of you are fans of the Puukko and other Finnish as well as Scandinavian blades, what do you think?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Looks like a nice. Probably a decent work knife though not what I would want for a fighting knife.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Yeah, not a real self defense blade but I kind of like it. I've been wanting something with Ironwood for a while but haven't found anything I wanted to spend the money on. This one may be too pretty to use hard but that's not a bad thing in a way. Wish the blade was about a 1/2" longer.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell